Please let us know the day before if you would like breakfast.
Dining & Eating Out
If you fancy a night out, there are a number of restaurants and pubs serving food locally.
Guests have access to a well equipped camp kitchen for self-catering. In addition, there are several barbecue/fire-pits available for use.
We serve breakfast every morning, takeaway pizza (if we have it in) any time and catered meals by arrangement only for groups of 10+ guests. Please ASK if you need to avoid particular allergens or have dietary preferences. We can substitute ingredients and avoid cross-contamination but the kitchen is used routinely to cook with wheat, milk, celery, mustard and eggs. If you have extraordinary sensitivity to ANY allergens, please TELL us so that we can advise on whether we are able to cater to your needs.
Breakfast at Barnutopia
Our standard Barnutopia breakfast includes original recipe homemade pancakes & toppings, bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, baked beans and toast, orange juice, tea & coffee. We’re happy to cook for two guests or large groups.
- £7.50 per person 14+ years
- £5.00 4-13 years
- Free under 4 years with paying guest
Please just ASK if you’d like cereal or other items not listed or if you’d like a FULL ENGLISH breakfast (bacon, sausage, egg, tomato, mushrooms, beans and toast). If we have the ingredients and we don’t have too many guests we’re happy to do this. £7.50
- £5 per pizza (cheese or pepperoni) any time we’re home. Handy if you arrive late or you just don’t feel like cooking.
Lunches and Suppers for Small Groups
For large-scale catering see our event catering page. Otherwise, please get in touch if you would like dinner during your stay. Normally, we need a minimum of 10 guests to make it reasonable for us to cook. If you a celebrating a special occasion and have a particular menu in mind, please ask and we will be happy to oblige if we can. Prices may vary but we’ll stick to standard pricing if possible.We love eating well and the food we cook for our guests is the food we eat ourselves.
- Food is made fresh to order and served, usually, in the farmhouse.
- Larger groups can have a buffet on the yurt field or in the party barn.
- We do our best to accommodate special dietary requirements.
- You may share your meal with very small children. Just ask for an extra plate.
- Menu and prices correct at time of publication.
You can bring your own wine, beer or other drinks and we’ll be happy to make or take delivery of birthday cakes etc. and serve them with your evening meal.
Adult £17.50, Child (13 years and under) £9.50, Extra small £5.50 for:
- Main course
- Drink (one glass of beer, red or white wine with adult portion, water or soft drink with child and extra small portions)
We cook ONE MEAL CHOICE per sitting.
If you are the only guests eating that night you are very welcome to request one of the dishes below or a different favourite of your own. We are not set up to offer a restaurant service with different meal choices for each guest.
- Cajun pork belly or chicken with vegetable risotto, salad and bread rolls.
- Chicken or lamb curry. Curried chicken or lamb in a rich sauce with onions, mushrooms and other vegetables served with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese. Minced beef in a tomato, red wine, paprika and oregano sauce service with spaghetti, garlic bread and grated cheese
- Chili Con Carne. Minced beef in tomato, red bean and chili sauce served with rice, garlic bread and grated cheese
- Sausages & cauliflower cheese. Sausages, mashed potato, vegetables, cauliflower and cheese sauce.
- Chicken and Gravy. Roast chicken portions, potatoes, vegetables, onion gravy
- Cottage pie. Seasoned minced beef and vegetables topped with mashed potato and grilled cheese with vegetables and gravy.
Desserts may be bought or home-cooked, for example:
- Sponge cake
- Fruit crumble
- Fruit salad
- Served with ice-cream, custard or cream (or a combination)
We hold an alcohol license and can serve beer, cider, wine or spirits for your enjoyment.