American Thanksgiving 2018 in Britain
This year, we plan to celebrate on the weekend of Friday, 23rd November with Thanksgiving dinner on the Saturday evening. With 8 fabulously comfortable glamping units we can accommodate over forty guests, but twenty-five to thirty would be perfect. As usual, we plan to serve a traditional turkey dinner with wine and all the trimmings.
On the Menu at American Thanksgiving 2018
We have earned quite the reputation for feeding our guests well. No-one goes hungry at Barnutopia. We are happy to accommodate special requests and dietary preferences if we can reasonably do so. On the Thanksgiving turkey dinner 2018 menu this year we have:
- Roast turkey
- Roast potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Green bean casserole
- Vegetable medley
- Corn bread
- Cranberry & orange sauce and all the trimmings
- Pumpkin pie, banana cream pie and apple pie served with cream and/or ice-cream
- Red wine, white wine, beer, soft drinks
- Tea, coffee
Prices and Booking
- Starts at £279 for 2 adults in a luxury 4-man glamping unit
- Discount of 5% for booking more than one unit
- Reduction for solo travellers & single parents (one adult in unit)
- Accommodation in a fully furnished yurt, stable, cabin or bunkhouse with power, lighting, heating and free Wi-Fi
- Pizza and salad supper on Friday followed by campfire & toasted marshmallows
- Cereal & breakfast sandwich (any combo bacon, egg, sausage on brown or white bread with tea, coffee, orange juice) on Saturday
- Slap-up Thanksgiving dinner with wine and all the trimmings on Saturday late afternoon/evening.
- Full Barnutopia breakfast on Sunday morning (original recipe homemade pancakes and syrups, bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, baked beans, toast, tea, coffee, orange juice)/
- Please book online or contact Mrs B by emailing MrsB@barnutopia.com or calling 01691 791 624 to book your place.
For our British friends
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. It began as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. There are similar holidays in other countries.