Plas Newydd (Llangollen)
Home to the Ladies of Llangollen, Lady Eleanor Butler and Miss Sarah Ponsonby, from 1780 – 1829. The ladies were celebrated throughout the country and the story of their friendship spread through Regency Society. The house retains the Gothic features they introduced.
Plas Newydd is set in gardens surrounded by trees and include the font from Valle Crucis Abbey, Llantysilio.
The circle of stones in the grounds of Plas Newydd were used for the 1908 Llangollen National Eisteddfod.