Please find your way to Oswestry town before entering our post code SY10 9BS into sat nav or Google maps. This is usually enough to bring you right to the door. Please note that we are NOT located down a dirt track. If your sat nav directs you to drive down a road unsuitable for vehicles, it is WRONG! We are on a tarmac road all the way to the farm and into the yard. See downloadable directions, below.
Tanycoed Farm, Llansilin
Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 9BS
We are on a Cadogan Lane (Cadwgan on Welsh end) that’s also known as School Lane by locals.
Barnutopia is located 5 miles west of Oswestry, Shropshire, just outside the village of Llansilin, Powys on the Wales-England border. Its UK grid reference is SJ 22094 28336. Check out our handy dandy list of towns and driving distance in miles to Barnutopia.
- Closest rail station is Gobowen (8 miles)
- Closest bus terminus is Oswestry (5 miles)
- John’s Taxi (07896) 523 226 (car)
- Glyn’s taxi (07729) 377 267 (people carrier)
- Jeff’s & Burgess (01691) 656 565 (4 to 8-seater)
- Higgins Taxis (01691) 652 901 (mini bus)
- JC Executive Minibuses (01691) 655 115
- Col’s Cabs (07497) 030 364 (cars)
- Alpha Cars (01691) 662 188
- Gobowen Taxis (01691) 670 888
- Prestige Taxis (01691) 656 367
- Berwyn Cars (01691) 652 000
- Perrys Taxi Service (01691) 777 777
- Ray’s Taxis (07966) 325 967
- Kerr Kabz (01691) 656 575
- A to B Taxis (01691) 662 188
- Paris minibuses (01691) 656 222
Directions to Barnutopia from Oswestry
- MrsB@barnutopia.com |~ (01691) 791 624 office ~ (07983) 219 939 mobile
Also, as can only happen in Britain, the lane we live on is known as School Lane to all who use it. However, in Powys, Wales (at the east end, in Llansilin Village) it is sign-posted as School Lane AND Ffordd Cadwgan. In Shropshire, England (at the west end ) it is sign-posted Cadogan Lane. To compound the issue, there is a School Lane in Trefonen, which also happens to have a church on it. Sat Nav has taken guests there a few times for some reason. Please just enter the post code into your GPS or find Barnutopia on Google Maps.
Location of yurts at Barnutopia
There are four fully furnished luxury yurts at Barnutopia along with two cabins, a stable and a bunkhouse. Guests access the yurt field by driving in through the main gate and driving to the left, stables on the right. You can unload here and then put your car in the car park opposite the main gate.
In addition to the yurts, guests share use of a fully equipped camp kitchen and a TV lounge. There is a bathroom block with ladies, mens, disabled and showers. Guests choosing to take advantage of the dining to order service use the dining room, which is open only for food ordered from Barnutopia.
Across the country lane from the main site is the car park, the Barnutopia tent camping site and the pasture used for Mrs B’s horses.