Are you trying to decide whether to get married at a rural wedding venue? Make sure you think through the reality of getting wed in the countryside. You might be surprised at what you’ll find. Already decided? Please see our venue hire details and pricing.
1. Not all farms have a stunning backdrop for the perfect wedding.
Spirit, North American mustang (wild horse) above Barnutopia, rural wedding venue.
2. Some just don’t have the location or views you’d like.
View of Barnutopia from the hill to the north east.
3. Or a gorgeous stone-built farmhouse.
Tanycoed Farm, home to Barnutopia.
4. Of course, you have to navigate country lanes to get to many rural venues.
Up the lane from Barnutopia.
5. And perhaps get married in a barn.
Main entrance to the wedding barn at Barnutopia.
6. A BARN!
Barnutopia wedding barn dressed for a wedding.
7. What can you do with a barn?
Vintage themed wedding at Barnutopia.
8. Some rural wedding venues claim to have lovely accommodation.
Yurt Bronwyn on the yurt field.
9. But are the glamping yurts, stables and other accommodation as nice as they say?
The yurt field on a summer evening.
10. They may look okay on the outside.
Yurt Nanny Iris and spring daffodils.
11. What about inside?
Yurt Nanny Iris fully furnished with power, light, heating and free Wi-Fi.
12. Do they really have all the conveniences of home?
Stable Stephanie ready for guests with power, light, heating and free Wi-fi.
13. With real beds ready to sleep in, power, light, heating and free Wi-Fi?
Cabin Connie with beds made up ready to sleep in and power, light, heating and free Wi-Fi
14. What are the chances the bride will have her own private boudoir to get ready?
Private bathroom for bride and entourage for wedding day.
15. Guests may have to sit on hay bales.
Getting married on the yurt field.
16. There’s no guarantee the bridal suite will be lovely.
Yurt Bronwyn bridal suite.
17. No guarantee at all.
Bunkhouse Bethan bridal suite.
18. Then, of course, you might run into a pig.
Piggy Fiona joins in.
19. Or two.
Kunekune pigs Fiona and Felix help clear up fallen damsons.
20. Pigs are known for hogging the limelight during wedding pics.
Piggy Felix joins the wedding party.
21. But pigs aren’t the only animals you may meet at a rural wedding venue.
Well behaved dogs are welcome at Barnutopia.
22. You might find horses hanging around in the pasture.
The horse pasture at Barnutopia.
23. Or wandering down to the stream.
Padron of Lea Ness, Friesian horse.
24. If you don’t like animals it could be challenging.
Pinky and Oscar, Barnutopia barn cats.
25. Because you’re almost certain to have some drop in during your wedding.
A few ewes dropping in to say hello
26. And you can expect wildlife at a rural wedding venue, too.
A wren learning to fly.
27. Of all kinds.
A tortoiseshell butterfly in the garden at Barnutopia.
28. You and your guests may need to dine al fresco.
Guests dining on the yurt field.
29. Really. Outside.
Home-made cakes for dessert.
30. Then you have to take in the sunset.
Sunset behind yurt Bronwyn
31. Whether you like it or not.
Sunset behind the yurt field.
32. And don’t forget those views you have to look at.
View from the yurt field
33. Can you be sure it’s as lovely as it seems?
Barnutopia , a rural wedding venue in the stunning Shropshire countryside. Seating for up to 120 guests in the gorgeous wedding barn with luxury glamping accommodation in yurts, stables, cabin and bunkhouse. Camping for additional guests. Check our venue hire package and pricing. See also 31 Reasons to Stay Away from Barnutopia.