Following feedback we continue to make these breaks available first to single parents but families of every kind are welcome to book. Single parents traveling alone with their children get money off the cost of the booking.
NEW Camping Option
Now you can bring your own tent for a cheaper break. Breakfast, suppers and activities included along with use of all shared facilities.
What Makes Barnutopia Special?
Parents and children love our farmyard, animals and relaxed approach. Children run free and enjoy themselves without an electronic device in sight. Although, there is free Wi-Fi when you want it. We’re had more than a few tears on departure day and and even had children tell their mums and dads that they want to stay forever. See family glamping image gallery.
Booking Details for Single Parent Break & Family Glamping
We schedule regular breaks including part board (breakfasts & suppers), activities and games. We’ll make sure you have a great breakfast and a good supper, and you’ll have access to the camp kitchen to store and prepare lunches and snacks. We are happy to provide squash, tea, coffee, milk, and sugar in the camp kitchen. If you are interested in arranging a group-stay on different dates, please get in touch.
Please complete the BOOKING ENQUIRY FORM if you are interested and mention Single Parent Takeover.
- 2-5 Apr 2018 (3 nights, Mon-Thu) ONE UNIT AVAILABLE
- 29 Jul-2 Aug 2018 (4 nights, Sun-Thu) SOME AVAILABILITY
- 5-10 Aug 2018 (5 nights, Sun-Fri) ALL UNITS BOOKED. TENT CAMPING AVAILABILITY
- 20-23 Aug 2018 (3 nights, Mon-Thu) SOME AVAILABILITY
- 30 Oct-2 Nov 2018 (3 nights, Tue-Fri, Halloween Special) ALL UNITS AVAILABLE (Book with Bonfire Weekend for 5-night break)
- 2-4 Nov 2018 (2 nights, Fri-Sun, Bonfire Weekend) ALL UNITS AVAILABLE (Book with Halloween Special for 5-night break)
- 24-27 Dec 2018 (2 or 3 nights, Mon-Thu, Christmas Special) MOST UNITS AVAILABLE
- 30 Dec-1 Jan 2018/2019 (2 nights, Sun-Tue, New Year Special) ALL UNITS AVAILABLE
Previous Single Parent and Family Glamping Events
- 3 Nov-5 Nov 2017 (2 nights, Fri-Sun, Bonfire weekend)
- 31 Oct-3 Nov 2017 (3 nights, Tue-Fri, Halloween Special)
- 21-24 Aug, 2017 (3 nights, Mon-Thu)
- 13-18 Aug, 2017 (5 nights, Sun-Fri)
- 6-11 Aug, 2017 (5 nights, Sun-Fri)
- 1-4 Aug, 2017 (3 nights, Tue-Fri)
- 10-13 Apr, 2017 (3 nights, Mon-Thu)
- 22-29 Dec, 2016 (Any 2, 3, 4 or 5 nights, Fri-Fri Christmas Special)
- 24-27 Oct, 2016 (3 nights, Mon-Thu)
- 21-26 Aug, 2016 (5 nights, Sun-Fri) See pics here!
- 1-4 Aug, 2016 (3 nights, Mon-Thu)
- 25-28 Jul, 2016 (3 nights, Mon-Thu)
Single Parent Pricing
You DO NOT have to share a unit. Parents are welcome to book a unit to themselves and their children. That said, it will work out cheaper per head if you find someone to share with. Often, the whole site is turned over to single parents during these breaks. However, units may be booked by families of any kind. The longer breaks have more scheduled activities, of course. Single parents get money off all packages as there is only one adult attending.
Single Parent Glamping Prices On Standard Packages
Prices vary depending on family size and unit chosen. Please send an enquiry or go through the online booking process. You will need to click all the way through to see any discount and the single parent credit (with no obligation to book).
This is a typical schedule for a 3-night midweek event and you can expect a similar timetable for future packages. We are flexible and can modify as needed. For example, younger children need different activities to older children. Activities are optional and we think of variations so that guests who have been before having something new to look forward to. Usually, we have arts and crafts materials and outdoor games available at all times taking into account the ages of children. We have to monitor and control the arts and crafts materials or they get trashed by younger kids.
Day of Arrival (Day 0)
- Arrive from 4 pm
- Tour of farm & meet the animals
- Settle in
- Pizza supper
- Campfire & toasted marshmallows
- Quiz suitable for adults & children
- Breakfast buffet from 8.30 am (or as agreed)
- Scavenger hunt/nature walk
- Free time from 12 noon (check out our list of Things To Do in the area).
- Outdoor grill supper
- Breakfast buffet from 8.30 am
- Group excursion. Up to now this has been a horse-drawn boat trip (depends on weather & seasonal availability).
- Free time after excursion
- Feed the kids at 5.30 pm
- Sit-down dinner for parents and children
Day of Departure (Day 3)
- Breakfast buffet from 8 am
- Pack up and depart by 12 noon.
Shared Facilities for Glampers and Campers
Excellent shared facilities including a well equipped camp kitchen, breakfast room, dining room, TV lounge, play barn, a bathrom block with ladies, gents, wheelchair accessible and showers.
Our Glamping Units
You may request a particular unit or to be in a unit with another family and we will do our best to accommodate. However, we appreciate your flexibility. Large families get the larger units even if they don’t fill all the beds. It just makes more sense to do that.
- Up to 4 in yurt CARIANNE on a double sofa bed and bunk
- Up to 4 in yurt NANNY IRIS on a triple bunk (single over double) and a single bed
- Up to 4 in stable STEPHANIE on a king-size bed and a double sofa bed
- Up to 7 in ranch house Ray on a double bed, double sofa bed, single sofa bed and bunk
- Up to 4 in cabin CONNIE on a triple bunk (single over double) and single day bed
- Up to 6 in yurt BRONWYN on a king-size bed, double sofa bed and bunk
- Up to 8 in yurt TBD to be added by 2018
- Up to 10 in bunkhouse BETHAN on 2 bed platforms (4 over 6 single mattresses)
[LAST UPDATED: 07 January, 2018]