Tent camping at Barnutopia is available for the 2018 season. Up to now we have offered tent pitches only as an add-on to a glamping booking as we did not have the facilities to support a separate campsite. Now that the new bathroom block is up and running and the car park is laid, we can take camping bookings from the 2018 season.
- No minimum stay requirement for tent camping in your own tent
- £20 per night for 2 in your own tent on grass pitch
- £7.50 per night per additional adult 18 years or older in same tent
- £4.50 per night per additional child from 2 to 18 years old in same tent
- £00 no charge for infants (under 2 years old)
- £5 per night per dog.
Tent Camping Feedback
I asked a wonderful Facebook Group (Caravanning and Camping With Kids UK) for feedback on what members would like to see on a campsite. Of course, as campers ourselves we know what we might like to see on a campsite but it is useful to see what other campers might like. In no particular order, this is what the group members suggested and what we have.
- Picnic benches (ON THE LIST)
- Washing up facilities (YES, excellent campers’ kitchen)
- Path lighting (ON THE LIST)
Farm shop(NO, but we’re always happy to provide a cup of sugar or a drop of milk) Electric hook-up(NO, none for tent pitches but campers have access to power and sockets in the campers’ kitchen)
- Accessible for disabled people (YES, campsite is over grass and we have wheelchair accessible toilets and shower)
Communal covered area(NO, not yet, but we’re thinking about it)
- Clean toilets and showers (YES)
- Hooks and mirrors in bathrooms (ON THE LIST)
- No timers on showers (YES, no timers)
Kids’ play area(NO, not a specific play area but pasture located next to stream) Charger station(NO, but sockets in camp kitchen)
- Campfires (YES, we provide fire pits)
- Barbecues (YES, bring your own or use our griddles over the fire pits)
Chemical disposal point(NO, not feasible on private supply and septic )
- Dog walking area (YES, we are in the country, you can walk anywhere)
- Freezer for ice-packs (YES)
- Fridge for food (YES)
- Hose to wash off dogs (YES)
Facility for drying clothes(NO, not yet, but thinking about it)
Tent Camping at Barnutopia
We are in an absolutely stunning spot and we’re sure tent campers will enjoy staying here as much as glampers. We opened in June 2015 and so far have attracted more than one hundred 5-star reviews on Facebook, TripAdvisor, Airbnb and Pitchup. We hope our tent camping offering will prove as attractive to guests. We love meeting the folks who stay with us and we always listen carefully to feedback.