Terms and Conditions LAST UPDATED: Wednesday, October 19th, 2017
Payment of deposit by the guest is deemed acceptance of these terms.
- All rates published on barnutopia.com are correct at the time of publication.
- Barnutopia reserves the right to alter prices up to the date of booking without notice. Usually, we don’t do this.
- Rates and payment conditions are updated from time to time with the current conditions prevailing.
- All units are offered are subject to availability and at the discretion of Barnutopia.
- Please contact us by phone or email if you would like to make a large group or whole site booking.
- Your booking is finalised after your deposit is received and a booking confirmation has been sent.
- Our standard payment schedule is as follows:
- 25% deposit on booking (80% refundable up to 90 days before arrival)
- 25% interim payment at 90 days before arrival (80% refundable up to 30 days before arrival)
- 50% balance due at 30 days before arrival (booking now non-refundable)
- Payment may be made online via our booking system, by debit or credit card over the phone or by bank transfer (please request details).
- Rates and amount due may be given over the phone, via email or by post, and confirmed at point of payment.
- You should check your booking details immediately on receipt. Alterations may not be possible later.
Cancellations, amendments and non-arrival of guests
- Please let us know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you have to change or cancel your booking.
- If you don’t turn up on your day of arrival, we may let out the unit to someone else. Please TELL us if you are going to be a day late, for example.
- Amendments (e.g. change in dates) are at our discretion, subject to availability and may incur additional charges.
- Cancellations within 30 days of arrival are non-refundable.
- A refundable security deposit of £100.00 per unit is taken at our discretion, in addition to unit rental. Minor breakages are expected as reasonable wear and tear. We don’t charge you for small items, but please let us know if something gets broken. In exceptional circumstances we charge to replace items.
- Group bookings other than multi-generation family gatherings are required to pay a refundable security deposit of £100 per unit.
- Damage to the unit or site equipment exceeding the security deposit amount must be paid for.
- Your deposit is refunded within 14 days of your departure date providing there is no damage or breakages.
Cancelation by Barnutopia
- If Barnutopia cancels before your day of arrival, our liability to the guest is no greater than the amount paid by the guest for the booking.
- If we have to cancel, we may try to help you find alternative accommodation, but we are under no obligation to do so.
Arrival and departure
- Arrival time is usually from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check out time is by 12.00 noon on the day of departure.
- Other than for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Barnutopia, our liability to the guest under any circumstances is limited to the price of the first night’s stay.
- Each guest indemnifies Barnutopia from and against any and all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from the booking or the guest.
- We are not liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond our reasonable control.
- We are not responsible in any way for damage to, theft from, or theft of, vehicles parked on the premises, or nearby.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying any damage, caused by deliberate, negligent or reckless act, omission, default or cause of the clients, to the hotel’s property or structure.
- If damage comes to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the debit or credit card of the guest in the amount required to remedy any such damage. We will however make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- The guest is recommended to have, and is responsible for insurance to cover cancellation, curtailment, and loss of baggage, personal effects and money.
Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Please tell us if you would prefer to use a picture of you on our website, social media or elsewhere.
- Information provided by the guest may be processed by Barnutopia for the purpose of taking payment for services.
- By confirming a booking or enquiry, the guest consents to this processing of the information.
- When making a booking, your credit card, billing account details or other financial information are retained only for the purpose of handling that individual transaction
- In order to process a booking or enquiry your personal Information and payment details may be passed to third party service providers.
- Third party service providers have access to your personal Information only to perform the relevant service. They may not use your personal Information for any other purposes and are required to process your personal Information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Your personal information and payment details may be passed to regulatory authorities where we are lawfully requested to do so.
These terms to be construed in accordance with English law. Barnutopia and guest(s) submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Barnutopia cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to cancel, amend or vary the details featured in this website. The information contained in this website is provided in good faith. The use of any information from this website is entirely at the risk of the user. We are not liable for any costs, losses, errors, expenses or damages (whether direct or indirect, special, economic or financial) that may be incurred through the use of any information contained in this website or in any other website linked to this website.
The content of each page of this website is the property of Barnutopia and all rights are reserved. It may be reproduced or printed for personal use or in a way that benefits Barnutopia. For example, if you’d like to feature and recommend Barnutopia favourably on your own website or publication. If you would like to use the content or images for any other commercial purpose, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We reserve the right to insist on removal of our copyrighted material if we consider your website or publication to be unsuitable or we believe the manner in which you have used our name or material is detrimental to our business.