Imagine spending Thanksgiving 2017 in a gorgeous rural retreat glamping in total comfort in England. Add a traditional home-cooked American family turkey dinner with wine and all the trimmings served on SATURDAY, November 25th (instead of Thursday, so you don’t have to take time off work), and you have the perfect end to Autumn.
Set in the stunning Shropshire countryside, Barnutopia is a haven of peace and tranquility with all the comforts of home. Guests stay in a luxurious fully furnished yurt, stable, cabin or bunkhouse. Each unit has real beds made up ready to sleep in, power, lighting, heating and free WiFi. With breakfast every morning, a pizza supper on Friday evening, and a real American Thanksgiving dinner, what more could you want? How about good company, a flickering campfire, mulled wine, hot chocolate and s’mores?
Thanksgiving 2017 Glamping
We are dual British/American citizens who spent ten years living and working in the Untied States. We absolutely love Thanksgiving. Our American friends welcomed us into their home most years and we returned the favour other years. Thanksgiving in America is special. It is the one holiday when friends and family try very hard to be together. We want to extend the same warmth and goodwill to U.S. citizens in Britain, their families and anyone who would like to experience a real American Thanksgiving. Our last fabulous Thanksgiving glamping package was in 2015. It’s time for another. It’s an experience you and children, family and friends won’t forget. Bring your dogs, too, so they aren’t left out.
Home-Cooked Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner
We earned our 5-star food hygiene rating just a few months ago and have established a reputation for serving excellent food. No-one goes hungry at Barnutopia and we truly enjoy making sure guests eat well. We are happy to accommodate special requests and dietary preferences if we can reasonably do so. On the Thanksgiving turkey dinner menu this year we have:
- Appetizers TBD (any special requests?)
- Roast turkey
- Roast potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Yorkshire puddings (not traditional American, but everyone loves them!)
- Green bean casserole
- Vegetable medley
- Corn bread
- Cranberry & orange sauce and all the trimmings
- Pumpkin pie for sure and maybe apple pie and banana cream pie, too, served with cream and/or ice-cream
- Red wine, white wine, beer, soft drinks
- Tea, coffee
Price and Booking
- Accommodation in a fully furnished yurt, stable, cabin or bunkhouse with power, lighting, heating and free Wi-Fi
- Pizza and salad supper on Friday
- Cooked breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Slap-up Thanksgiving dinner with wine and all the trimmings on Saturday afternoon/evening.
- £120 per adult (18+ years)
- £95 per child (14-17 years)
- £70 per child (2-13 years)
- £00 free under 2 years old (with paying adult)
- Units allocated to be as fair as possible (larger families in larger units)
- Please contact Mrs B by emailing MrsB@barnutopia.com or calling 01691 791 624 to book your place.
What is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. It began as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. There are similar holidays in other countries.