Glamping on the Welsh Borders
Please see our new searchable and sortable list of Things To Do!
Barnutopia is located in Shropshire on the border with Powys, Wales. It is the perfect location for a peaceful and relaxing glamping holiday.
We have a lovely farm yard with 2 piggies, 3 cats, 2 horses and a dog. Guests are welcome to meet and interact with out animals.
If you feel like an excursion, there are a many activities and places of interest nearby in the Welsh Border Counties (Flintshire, Denbighshire, Wrexham and Powys), North Wales (Snowdonia, Gwynedd, Conwy) and the English Border Counties (Shropshire, Cheshire, Merseyside, West Midlands).
Things to do on a glamping holiday on the Shropshire/Powys border
We plan to add to this list on a regular basis.
- Park Hall Farm Countryside Experience, Oswestry (8 miles)
- Poncysyllte Aqueduct, Froncysyllte (15 miles)
- Whittington Castle, Whittington, (8 miles)
- Offa’s Dyke Path, Llansilin (2.6 miles)
- Llangollen Wharf, Horse Drawn Boats, Llangollen (13 miles)
- Dinas Bran Castle, Llangollen (14 miles)
- Pistyll Rhaeadr, Llanraeadr-ym-Mochnant (10 miles)
- Old Oswestry Hill Fort, Oswestry (7 miles)
- Oswestry Walking Tours, Oswestry (5 miles)
- The Gyrn Moelfre, Llansilin (3 miles)
- Powis Castle, Welshpool (19 miles)
- Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom, Telford (38 miles)
- British Ironwork Centre, Oswestry (8 miles)
- Snowdonia National Park, Gwynedd, (27 miles)
- Snowdonia Mountain Railway, Gwynedd (59 miles)
- Bodnant Garden, Colwyn Bay (72 miles)
- Chirk Castle and Gardens. Chirk (10 miles)
- Cambrian Heritage Railways & Museum, Oswestry (7 miles)
- Stokesay Castle, Ludlow (43 miles)
- Shropshire Hills AONB, Shropshire (29 miles)
- Pont-y-Meibion Pony Trekking & Quad Bikes, Pandy, Glyn Ceiriog (7 miles)
- Plas Newydd, Llangollen (13 miles)
- Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod, Llangollen (15 miles)
- Oswestry Town Museum, Oswestry (6 miles)
- Cambrian House Emporium (Antiques), Oswestry (6 miles)
- Severn Valley Railway, Bridgenorth to Kidderminster (43 miles)
- Motor Safari, Wrexham (22 miles)
- Stiwt Theatre, Rhosllannerchrugog, Wrexham (18 miles)
- Whitewater Active, Llangollen (13 miles)
- The Wynnstay Inn, Llansilin (0.8 miles)
- The Adventure Rope Course, Shrewsbury (24 miles)
- Blists Hill Victorian Town, Madeley, Shropshire (43 miles)
- Weston Pools Fishery, Oswestry (6 miles)
- Valle Crucis Abbey, Llangollen (15 miles)
- Oswestry [Agricultural] Show (annual), Oswestry (8 miles)
- Cosford Food Festival (annual), Cosford (46 miles)
- Attingham Park, Atcham, Shrewsbury (28 miles)
- Oswestry Frontier Town Treasure Trail, Oswestry (5 miles)
- Bywater Cruises Horse Drawn Boat Trips, Maesbury Marsh (8 miles)
- Shropshire Raft Tours, Ironbridge (37 miles)
Glamping, or “glamourous camping” allows you to have the best of both worlds — the freedom of camping and the comfort of a guesthouse. Our authentic Mongolian yurts, stable and tent are fully furnished with real beds and have power, lighting and heating. You can walk, ramble, climb, horse ride, visit and sight-see to your hearts content and then return to the comfort of your cosy glamping yurt, stable or tent and a good night’s sleep.