Please submit an enquiry with details of your event for an accurate quotation. Our prices include VAT.
Exclusive venue hire for 20 to 120 residential and drop-in guests is for 2 days. You can arrive from 10 am on arrival day to start dressing the barn. Departure by 4 pm on departure day. Units can be occupied from 12 noon on arrival day to 12 noon on departure day. Additional nights by arrangement. By default venue hire includes exclusive use of the whole glamping site, campsite, party barn, Dutch barn, party lounge (from 2018 season), camp kitchens (two from 2018), banqueting tables and chairs, corkage, staff to help with set-up and take-down, bathroom block plus a private bathroom (weddings only).
- Wedding enquirers may find useful our answers to Bridebook’s “21 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue“.
- See pics of our very first wedding ceremony on Saturday, August 19th, 2017.
The calendar shows weekend availability only. Please submit a venue hire enquiry if you would like to check midweek availability or add an extra midweek night.
You might like to peruse our article 33 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Rural Wedding Venue.
Venue Hire Pricing
Guest headcount includes residential (glamping and camping) and drop-in guests. Prices include VAT. These prices may change as we add to and enhance the venue, accommodation and facilities. For events of 40 guests or under we may be able to reduce costs if you don’t want or need all the extras.
|Venue Hire||2 nights||Up to 40
Exclusive Use Venue Hire Includes
- Party barn with fairy lights and dance floor
- 8 glamping accommodation units and campsite
- Cookhouse/party lounge (from 2018 season), kitchen shack, bathroom block and facilities
- Selection of rustic tables, chairs and sturdy picnic tables and outdoor furniture
- Banqueting tables and chairs (cloths and chair covers may be hired from Barnutopia)
- Dutch Barn, a great indoor/outdoor space where you may have campfires
- Freedom to dress the venue as you wish subject only to reasonable damage and safety restrictions
- No corkage (bring your own alcohol). We provide bins for you to dispose of bottles, cans etc
- Optional licensed bar for any day with minimum spend of £400 per day
- Help and advice with planning before and during your event, including set-up & take-down of tables
- Freedom to self-cater or use outside caterers or Barnutopia catering options
- Small music system for use with playlist on phone, for example. Not a professional system.
- Use of Tanycoed Rooms with private bathroom/dressing room for bride (or groom) and entourage (weddings only)
Not included with Venue Hire
- Shropshire registrar fee
- Venue dressing
- Linen hire (can hire from Barnutopia at £10 per table cloth and £2.50 per chair cover)
- Server/bar help (can hire from Barnutopia at £15 per person per hour, min 4 hours per person)
- Glasses for groups over 40 guests (may be hired from Morrisons for free as at 1 Oct 2017)
- Crockery/cutlery/serving platters for over 40 guests (vintage china and cutlery may be hired from Barnutopia at £2.50 per head)
- Disco/live band (space and power available)
- Catering (self-cater, mobile caterer or catering options at Barnutopia).
- If you choose later to hire any of these items from Barnutopia current pricing prevails at the point you decide and pay a deposit.
Vendors & Suppliers
We have added a list of vendors and suppliers for your convenience. Inclusion does not mean endorsement. Please let us know if you have any recommendations.
Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Of course, we won’t post on social media until you have posted your own images (or when you tell us it’s okay to do so). We’re also happy to share our images with you; however, we are not professional photographers and we cannot guarantee the quality or pics of a particular moment. We strongly recommend that you hire a professional photographer if a picture record of your event is very important.
We would appreciate permission (from you and your photographer) to use at least a few images for the purpose of information and promotion. For example, on our website and social media. We will of course attribute the image correctly to the photographer.
Confetti & Decorations
Water soluble confetti may be used outside only. Confetti marked as biodegradable may not be water soluble so please check carefully. A clean-up fee will be levied if ordinary paper or tissue confetti is used. We found a British company that sells suitable water soluble confetti but have not tested it, yet.
You may decorate the barn being mindful of fire and safety. Candles and naked flames are NOT ALLOWED under any circumstances. You may use the fake LED candles with flickering lights. These are very effective and look pretty much like the real thing in pics.
You are welcome to self-cater or use your own caterer for your wedding breakfast or other catering. If your caterers offer a drinks package feel free to take advantage of it as part of a catering package for your sit-down wedding breakfast. Your caterer is responsible for removing all waste and bottles generated during their service. We can provide a casual buffet and/or meal cooked outdoors on our griddle with a licensed bar if that suits your event. Our afternoon teas are served on our collection of vintage china. We are very open to special requests and variations.
- £14.50 per head for up to 40 guests
- £13.50 per head for up to 60 guests
- £12.50 per head for up to 90 guests
- £11.50 per head for up to 120 guests
- Served on our vintage china
- Selection of sandwiches (cheese, egg mayo, tuna mayo, roast beef, chicken, half white bread and half brown bread)
- Pork pies
- Sausage rolls
- Selection of sponge cakes (e.g. Victoria, Chocolate, lemon drizzle, coffee)
- Welsh cakes
- Butter, strawberry jam, clotted cream
- Pots of tea and coffee (with free refills) served from a tea and coffee station
- We’re also happy to put your Prosecco or other drinks on the tables. We have large serving jugs if you would like to serve Pimms that you make up.
Main Course and Dessert
- £13.50 per head for up to 40 guests
- £12.50 per head for up to 60 guests
- £11.50 per head for up to 90 guests
- £10.50 per head for up to 120 guests
- Served on disposable plates and cutlery
- For example, full bbq
- One burger per person (beef burger, chicken filet, pork steak or veggie) with a few extras
- Pork sausages (we allow 0.5 sausages per person as not everyone wants them)
- Burger/hot dog buns
- Baked jacket potatoes or French fries
- Corn on the cob
- Baked beans
- Cheddar cheese slices for any burger
- Dessert TBD
Main Course (No Dessert)
- £10 per head for up to 40 guests
- £9.00 per head for up to 60 guests
- £8.00 per head for up to 90 guests
- £7.00 per head for up to 120 guests
- Served on disposable plates and cutlery
- For example, simple bbq
- One burger per person (beef burger, chicken filet or veggie) with a few extras
- Burger buns
- Baked jacket potatoes or French fries
- Sliced cheddar cheese (for burgers or chicken filets)
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, burger sauce)
First Reception drink (e.g. bubbly, wine, beer with soft drink alternative)
- No additional charge for serving your alcohol if you hire our bar staff / helpers.
- £3.00 per glass our alcohol (you supply glasses) served on arrival or with wedding breakfast.
Katrina and/or Steve will be around to ensure you day goes smoothly. If you need additional help (waitstaff, bar staff, general helpers) we are happy to find them for you.
- £15 per hour per staff member to help in any way (including serving your alcohol). Minimum 4 hours per person.
- £400 minimum spend per evening for our licensed bar up to 1.00 am (Fri & Sat) and 11.00 pm (Sun – Thu). This works out to approximately:
- 3 drinks per person for 40 guests
- 2 drinks per person for 60 guests
- 1.5 drinks per person for 90 guests
- 1 drink per person for 120 guests
Current Price per Served Drink (subject to review and change at any time)
- £5 per keg pint
- £3 per keg half-pint
- £3 per glass of red or white wine
- £3 per single shot spirit
- £5 per single shot spirit and mixer
- £3 per bottled beer/cider
- £3 per glass/can/bottle soft drink
- £2 per bottle water
- £0 tap water free
Last updated: 17th January 2018