The perfect country setting for a weekday wedding and one night in luxury glamping accommodation .
One day and overnight venue hire during the week (Mon, Tue, Wed or Thu) for smaller intimate weddings or up to 120 guests for larger celebrations or corporate away-days. Option to add the night before. Details of venue hire and pricing here.
Overnight Venue Hire
Arrive from 8 am on your celebration day and depart by 11 am the following morning. You have more than 24 hours to enjoy our beautiful venue, event barns and luxury glamping accommodation set in the stunning Shropshire countryside.
The VenueBarnutopia is located in the rolling green hills of Shropshire with gorgeous views in every direction. It is right on the border of Powys, Wales and you can stand with one foot in England and the other in Wales.
Choose one of three barns for your wedding. The long event barn can seat up to 120 guests comfortably or can be separated into sections for smaller parties. The open-side Dutch barn is perfect for cosy campfires. The cookhouse/party barn is a great space for self-catering and chilling out on the leather sofas.
Weekday Wedding or Midweek Timeline
Suitable for smaller, intimate family weddings, a typical weekday wedding might look like this.
- 8.00 am Advance party arrives to set up and dress the barn
- 11.00 am Snack brunch
- 2.00 pm Residential guests arrive and check-in
- 2.30 pm Day guests arrive
- 3.00 pm Ceremony
- 3.30 pm Photos
- 4.30-6 pm Wedding breakfast, speeches, cake cutting
- 6.00-7 pm Set up for evening
- 7.00-11 pm Disco/dance
- 9.00 pm Buffet supper
- 10.30 pm Disco ends
- Campfire and toasted marshmallows in the Dutch barn.
- 11.00 – 11.30 pm day guests depart
- Sleep under the stars in total comfort
- 08.30- 9.30 am leisurely breakfast
- Catering and disco are not included in venue hire but may be added.
Weekday Wedding Tips
Weekday weddings are still considered a little unusual. Brides.com put together a few tips to ensure your midweek wedding is a smashing success. For example, if guests are unable to take time off work you could have the reception drinks, ceremony and wedding breakfast later in the day.