All our yurts are made to a traditional Mongolian design. Each yurt features a solid lockable wooden door, a window, double layer groundsheet and felt insulation.
Our Mongolian Yurts
- Yurt Bronwyn is 5.0 m in diameter and can accommodate 6 guests.
- Yurt Carianne is 4.2 m in dimater and can accommodate 4 guests.
- Yurt Nanny Iris is 4.2 m in diameter and can accommodate 4 guests.
- Stable Stephanie (not a yurt) is 5.0 m x 3.0 m approx. and can accommodate 4 guests.
- Stable Steve (not a yurt) 5.0 m x 3.5 m approx. and can accommodate 6 guests.
- Big Green Tent (not a yurt) is 3.3 m x 3.0 m approx. and can accommodate 2 guests.
Our yurts were manufactured and imported by the Yurt Specialists, a family company with over 25 years of experience in making beautifully handcrafted yurts. They make a variety of sizes, from 3.5 metre diameter up to 10 metre event yurts. Their customers include the National Trust, the Environment Agency, many schools and playgroups, healing practitioners, campsite owners, and people simply wanting an alternative way to live. They make all their yurts at their workshops in Inner Mongolia, and then ship them to Oxford, UK.
Wikipedia has a comprehensive listing for yurts, with the following introduction:
“A traditional yurt (from Turkic) or ger (Mongolian) is a portable, round tent covered with skins or felt used as adwelling by nomads in the steppes of Central Asia. The structure comprises an angled assembly or latticeworkof pieces of wood or bamboo for walls, a door frame, ribs (poles, rafters), and a wheel (crown, compression ring) possibly steam bent. The roof structure is often self supporting but large yurts may have interior posts supporting the crown. The top of the wall of self supporting yurts is prevented from spreading by means of atension band which opposes the force of the roof ribs. Modern yurts may be permanently built on a wooden platform and use modern materials such as steam bent wooden framing or metal framing, canvas or tarpaulin, Plexiglas dome, wire rope, or radiant insulation.”
- Free Wi-Fi
- Power for small electrical appliances
- Tell us what you need!
- Fire pits (can be used for cooking)
- Variety of outdoor furniture
- Stunning views
All guests have access to shared facilities on site: