In case you’re feeling bad about staying away from Barnutopia during the government lockdown period, here are 39 reasons to make you feel better about your decision.
1. Barnutopia is in the middle of nowhere.
2. Rural retreats don’t suit everyone.
3. Country lanes can be daunting.
4. And old stone farmhouses can be imposing.
5. Perhaps the view won’t be to your liking.
6. You may feel you have to be creative.
7. Or find it a struggle to get the perfect pic.
8. The view is pretty shabby, after all.
9. No matter what the weather does.
10. The ambiance leaves a lot to be desired.
11. The flora and fauna is taking over.
12. Even next to the glamping cabins.
13. And blocking the view of the new octayurts.
14. Tiny House Tamise is quite … tiny.
15. So why would you want to stay there?
16. And can you imagine sleeping in a stable?
17. Or a bunkhouse, even if it is Alpine inspired?
18. This one claims to be a ranch house.
19. Why would anyone put a window in the ceiling?
20. Permanent residents sometimes hog the space.
21. Or join in the conversation unexpectedly.
22. The cats are in charge.
23. Don’t be fooled by the innocent look.
24. They plot with the other animals.
25. Apart from the dogs.
26. Who also like to block the view.
27. There’s lots of horsing around.
28. Sometimes the animals muscle in on your pics.
29. Or they prefer to interact with other guests.
30. Imagine having to cook here.
31. Or throw a party here.
32. The afternoon tea can’t be good for you.
33. Could you bring yourself to go for a walk?
34. Knowing you might bump into strange beasts.
35. Or an old electric power generator.
36. Reflect on the sunsets you’d have to endure.
37. Why would you do that?
38. And who would want to sit around a campfire?
39. Nothing but countryside in every direction.
If you want to see how awful it is for yourself, please check dates (above) and book online or get in touch with Mrs B at MrsB@Barnutopia.com or 01691 791 624. New reservations which cannot go ahead because of government restrictions related to COVID-19 may be transferred to new dates or refunded free of charge.