Seeking experienced part-time assistant general manager encompassing housekeeping and catering management OR a part-time housekeeping and catering supervisor. Note we are hiring for one or the other and NOT both positions.
Barnutopia is a successful glamping and wedding venue located just outside the village of Llansilin and 5 miles from Oswestry. There are glamping yurts and cabins for up to 45 guests and an event barn for up to 120 guests. We host around 10 large events (100+ guests) and 10 smaller events (under 45 guests) per year plus glamping packages (part-board breakfast and supper) and self-catering glamping holidays. Currently we re open for around 120 bed nights per year looking to grow to 160+.
Would suit someone local to Llansilin/Oswestry. Own car and driving licence essential as some travel to and from Oswestry required (e.g. to drop of laundry) and there is no convenient public transport from Llansilin (it runs twice a week). No relocation package. Instructions on how to apply below.
- Part-time annually, but seasonal
- 0-10 hours per week winter/low season
- 10-25 hours per week autumn/spring/mid-season
- 25-50+ hours per week summer/high season (8 weeks approx.)
Day to day running of the practical side of the business in and out of season so that the general manager can concentrate on marketing, accounts management and business development. Sometimes antisocial hours (Fri, Sat, Sun) particularly during the summer season; and late nights (1 am or later) on event days. Often on your feet for 16 hours (with regular tea breaks). Friendly co-workers and great working environment.
- Assist the general manager in the running of the business
- Manage part-time staff (10 for housekeeping, catering, events, site)
- Hands-on housekeeping, catering, event work
- Manage stock and processes (consumables, bed linen, table linen)
- Set and maintain standards of cleanliness, safety and customer service
- Assist with delivery of glamping packages and events
- Interacting with guests and customer service
- Evolving role with plenty of scope to develop
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Personal licence (alcohol)
- DBS background check
- Worked in the hospitality industry
- Project & people management experience
- Hands-on housekeeping & cleaning
- Familiarity with health & safety requirements
- Customer service experience
- Comfortable with online file-sharing, messaging apps, email, Excel and Word
Words that describe the ideal person
Likes people, responsive, good communicator, quick to learn, energetic, outgoing, organised, able to take the initiative, calm in a crisis, cheerful and friendly, welcoming, patient and helpful with guests, quick-thinking, versatile, team leader, able to unblock sewage pipes in an emergency (with training, of course).
£12.00 to £15.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Annual bonus (5-10% earnings). Mileage allowance for work-related tasks (e.g. delivery bedding to laundry) but not for commuting to and from work. Minimum statutory holiday and pension requirements met for hours worked.
- Ideally, we would like to fill this position by 1 June 2021.
How to Apply
Send letter of application and CV detailing experience and qualifications BY EMAIL to Katrina Boydon, Owner & General Manager, MrsB@Barnutopia.com. References required if you are invited for interview.