Seeking experienced part-time housekeeping and catering supervisor OR a part-time assistant general manager encompassing housekeeping and catering management. Note we are hiring for one or the other and NOT both positions.
Barnutopia is a successful glamping and wedding venue located just outside the village of Llansilin and 5 miles from Oswestry. There are glamping yurts and cabins for up to 45 guests and an event barn for up to 120 guests. We host around 10 large events (100+ guests) and 10 smaller events (under 45 guests) per year plus glamping packages (part-board breakfast and supper) and self-catering glamping holidays.
Would suit someone local to Llansilin/Oswestry. Own car and driving licence essential as some travel to and from Oswestry required (e.g. to drop of laundry) and there is no convenient public transport from Llansilin (it runs twice a week). No relocation package. Instructions on how to apply below.
- Part-time annually, but seasonal
- 0-5 hours per week winter/low season
- 5-15 hours per week autumn/spring/mid-season
- 15-40 hours per week summer/high season (8 weeks approx.)
Organisation and supervision of staff, laundry and catering equipment and consumables Friendly co-workers and great working environment.
- Manage site changeovers (often on Sundays).
- Manage and supervise part-time staff (10 for housekeeping, catering, events, site)
- Hands-on housekeeping, catering, event work
- Manage stock and processes (consumables, bed linen, table linen)
- Maintain standards of cleanliness, safety and customer service
- Assist with practical preparation of glamping packages and events
- Some interaction with guests and customer service
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- DBS background check
- Worked in the hospitality industry
- Experience supervising teams
- Hands-on housekeeping & cleaning
- Familiarity with health & safety requirements
- Comfortable with online file-sharing, messaging apps, email, Excel and Word
Words that describe the ideal person
Likes people, responsive, quick to learn, energetic, outgoing, organised, able to take the initiative, calm in a crisis, cheerful and friendly.
£10.00 to £12.50 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Annual bonus (2.5% to 5 % of earnings). Mileage allowance for work-related tasks (e.g. delivery bedding to laundry) but not for commuting to and from work.
- Ideally, we would like to fill this position by 1 June 2021.
How to Apply
Send letter of application and CV detailing experience and qualifications BY EMAIL to Katrina Boydon, Owner & General Manager, MrsB@Barnutopia.com. References required if you are invited for interview.