Mountain adventure challenge glamping package:
- Dates in spring 2020 TBD (5 nights, Sun-Fri)
- 4 nights luxury glamping
- 1 night wild camping
- Professional instruction
- Rock climbing & abseiling
- Mountain biking
- Mountain safety, navigation & camp craft
- Wild camping (one night)
- Summit a Welsh peak
- Full board (breakfast, lunch snacks & dinner)
- For adults (18 years and older) and youths (16-17 years)
- Cheaper option for non-participating companions and children.
Designed to give you a taste of the mountains with a unique mountain adventure package (rock climbing, abseiling, mountain biking, mountain walking & navigation, wild camping mountain safety, camp craft and summiting a Welsh peak). Perfect for a corporate away-day or individuals and families with teens 16 years and older looking for an adventure.
Our mountain adventure package is the perfect introduction to the mountains for adults and older children with little or no experience. The activities can be adapted for more experienced mountain lovers.
Steve Boydon is an internationally qualified & experienced IFMGA retired British Mountain Guide instructor. With over 30 years’ experience, he ensures the activities are tailored to your comfort and skill levels.
Our Mountain Adventure Challenge Package Includes:
- 8-13 Sep 2019 (5 nights, Sun-Fri)
- Accommodation in a luxury glamping yurt or cabin (real beds, power, light, heating and free WiFi)
- Full board (breakfast, lunch snacks & dinner).
- 4 nights in a luxury yurt, cabin, stable or bunkhouse
- 1 night wild camping (tents provided or bring your own)
- Excellent shared kitchens, lounge, guest breakfast room and bathroom with power shower
- Rock climbing instruction and practice (with TNR Coaching)
- Mountain biking introduction and trail riding (with Oneplanet Adventure)
- Mountain walking & navigation, map-reading & navigation (with Steve Boydon)
- Mountain safety & camp craft, a night on the mountain in a tent (with Steve Boydon)
- Summit a Welsh Peak, an early start to get to the top (with Steve Boydon)
- The price depends on the glamping unit chosen and the number of participating and non-participating guests
- Includes accommodation, full-board (breakfasts, lunch snacks, dinners) for all guests and 4 days’ professional instruction and equipment hire for 2 guests participating in mountain activities (rock climbing, mountain biking, wild camping and camp craft).
- Around £600 per participating guest (cheaper for non-participating guests)
- Please complete our enquiry form for a price or book now using the widget at the top of the page.
What You Need to Bring
A list of what to bring is provided on booking. The essential items are sensible clothing, footwear and waterproofs. Plus snacks and any beer, wine etc. you want to supplement the breakfasts, lunch snacks and dinners provided. You need your own transport to get to the starting point of each activity.
Fitness Level Required
Participants need to be reasonably fit to complete the activities. All participants have to complete a medical form(s) prior to engaging in any activities.
Set in the beautiful Shropshire countryside with easy access to the Welsh hills, Barnutopia is the ideal base for a full range of mountain activities for anyone interested in starting or developing their rock climbing, mountain biking and wild camping skills.
Includes fully furnished luxury yurt or cabin, full board (breakfast, lunch snacks & dinner), 4 days of mountain activities with professional instruction and experiences you’ll treasure for the rest of your lives. You can bring partners, friends and children along who don’t want to participate in the activities. It’s lovely to stay on site and there are plenty of things to see and do within a few miles.
Barnutopia Luxury Glamping in the Welsh Borderlands
The freedom of the outdoors in the comfort of our four luxury yurts (Axana, Bronwyn, Carianne & Nanny Iris), cabin Connie, ranch house Ray, stable Stephanie, bunkhouse Bethan or tiny house Tamise. Get a taste for the outdoors with the Barnutopia Mountain Adventure package. Barnutopia established itself as one of the best rural retreats on the Welsh borders with 5-star reviews from guests across the board.