The first payment confirms your reservation and is deemed acceptance of these terms and any updates.
- All rates published on barnutopia.com are correct at the time of publication.
- Barnutopia reserves the right to alter prices up to confirmation (receipt of first payment) without notice. Usually, we do not do this.
- Rates and payment conditions are updated from time to time with the current conditions prevailing.
- All units and the entire venue are offered are subject to availability and at the discretion of Barnutopia.
- You may book online at any time. Please contact us by phone or email if you would like to make a large group or whole site venue hire booking.
- Your booking is confirmed after your first payment is received.
- Our standard payment schedule for individual unit hire is:
- 50% booking value on booking to confirm
- 50% balance due 1 month before arrival
- Our standard payment schedule for venue hire is:
- 25% venue hire value on booking to confirm
- 25% interim payment 9 months before arrival
- 25% interim payment 5 months before arrival
- 25% balance due 1 month before arrival
- Payment may be made online via our online booking system, by debit or credit card via a link in our invoice, over the phone or by bank transfer.
- Rates and amount due may be given over the phone, via email or by post, and confirmed at point of payment.
- You should check your booking details immediately on receipt. Alterations may not be possible later.
Cancellations, amendments and non-arrival by guests
- The cancellation fee for individual unit hire is 0% of the booking value up to 1 year before arrival, 50% from 1 year before arrival and 100% from 1 month before arrival.
- The cancellation fee for venue hire is 0% of the booking value up to 2 years before arrival, 25% from 2 years before arrival, 50% from 9 months before arrival, 75% from 5 months before arrival and 100% from 1 month before arrival.
- In the event of cancellation, if guests have chosen to pay more than the instalment schedule requires, we retain the cancellation fee and return any excess funds promptly.
- Some or all cancellation fee refunded if we can re-sell your original dates at the same or higher price.
- Date changes for individual glamping units may be possible at our discretion. The standard change fee is 25% of the booking value up to 1 month before arrival.
- Date changes for venue hire may be possible at our discretion. The standard fee is 25% of the booking value up to 3 months before arrival.
- Please let us know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you have to change or cancel your booking so we have the best possible chance of re-selling and issuing a refund.
- If you don’t turn up on your day of arrival, we may let out the unit to someone else. Please TELL us if you are going to be a day late, for example.
- Read more about our cancellation and change policy.
- A refundable security deposit of £150.00 per unit (or £1,000 for whole site) is taken at our discretion, in addition to unit rental. Minor breakages are expected as reasonable wear and tear. We don’t charge you for small items, but please let us know if something gets broken. In exceptional circumstances we charge to replace items.
- Damage to any unit, barn, facility or site equipment exceeding the security deposit amount must be paid for.
- Your deposit is refunded within 14 days of your departure date providing there is no damage or breakages.
Cancellation by Barnutopia
- If Barnutopia cancels before your day of arrival, our liability to the guest is no greater than the amount paid by the guest for the booking.
- If we have to cancel, we may try to help you find alternative accommodation, but we are under no obligation to do so.
Cancellation Due to Circumstances Beyond our Control
Barnutopia is not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your reservation as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
Arrival and departure
- Arrival time is usually from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check out time is by 12.00 noon on the day of departure.
- Other than for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Barnutopia, our liability to the guest under any circumstances is limited to the price of the first night’s stay.
- Each guest indemnifies Barnutopia from and against any and all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from the booking or the guest.
- We are not liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond our reasonable control.
- We are not responsible in any way for damage to, theft from, or theft of, vehicles parked on the premises, or nearby.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying any damage, caused by deliberate, negligent or reckless act, omission, default or cause of the clients, to the hotel’s property or structure.
- If damage comes to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the debit or credit card of the guest in the amount required to remedy any such damage. We will however make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- The guest is recommended to have, and is responsible for insurance to cover cancellation, curtailment, and loss of baggage, personal effects and money.
Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Please tell us if you would prefer that we do not use a picture of you on our website, social media or elsewhere.
- Information provided by the guest may be processed by Barnutopia for the purpose of taking payment for services.
- By confirming a booking or enquiry, the guest consents to this processing of the information.
- When making a booking, your credit card, billing account details or other financial information are retained only for the duration of handling that individual transaction
- In order to process a booking or enquiry your personal Information and payment details may be passed to third party service providers.
- Third party service providers have access to your personal Information only to perform the relevant service. They may not use your personal Information for any other purposes and are required to process your personal Information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Your personal information and payment details may be passed to regulatory authorities where we are lawfully requested to do so.
These terms to be construed in accordance with English law. Barnutopia and guest(s) submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Barnutopia cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to cancel, amend or vary the details featured in this website. The information contained in this website is provided in good faith. The use of any information from this website is entirely at the risk of the user. We are not liable for any costs, losses, errors, expenses or damages (whether direct or indirect, special, economic or financial) that may be incurred through the use of any information contained in this website or in any other website linked to this website.
The content, including images, of each page of this website is the property of Barnutopia and all rights are reserved. It may be reproduced or printed for personal use or in a way that benefits Barnutopia. For example, if you’d like to feature and recommend Barnutopia favourably on your own website or publication. If you would like to use the content or images for any other commercial purpose, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We reserve the right to insist on removal of our copyrighted material if we consider your website or publication to be unsuitable or we believe the manner in which you have used our name or material is detrimental to our business.