Our New Year’s Eve family package is designed to appeal to parents and children. Fully booked for the last 5 years and now taking reservations for 2019/2020. Feel free to book now by selecting 30 Dec and 2 nights, above, or send an enquiry.
What makes a great New Year’s Eve family package?
- 2 nights. We have tried 1 night, 3 nights and longer. Two nights allows everyone to arrive on 30th and settle in for the day on 31st before enjoying the celebrations that evening. Most folks have a “done and dusted” feeling on January 1st and they’re ready to leave.
- Comfort. All our glamping yurts and cabins are fully furnished with real beds made up ready to sleep in. There’s also free WiFi.
- Warmth. Every unit has a heater and we hire a commercial marquee heater for the event barn for the duration of the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Breakfasts. Hot breakfasts served around 8.30 am on 31st December and a bit later on New Year’s Day.
- Suppers. Served at about 6.30 pm, usually in the garden room and farmhouse dining room, but in the event barn on New Year’s Eve.
- Child-friendly. Kids love the freedom of the farmyard and our horses, donkeys, pigs, dogs and cats. We have had more than a few tears on departure day. Also, we have the fireworks earlier in the evening and do a “fake” New Year at 9 pm so that they aren’t too exhausted to enjoy it. Adults bring in the New Year at midnight with bubbly.
- Fireworks. We use only low noise fireworks so as not to disturb neighbours and terrify animals. They are loud enough for a good firework effect but not completely deafening.
- Campfires. We have campfires and toasted marshmallows both nights. Mulled wine on New Year’s Eve, too.
- Ambiance. There’s nothing quite like sitting around the campfire, sipping hot wine and chatting with friends (everyone is friends at Barnutopia).
- Festive cheer. The event barn is decorated and there is an atmosphere of fun and excitement for the two days.
New Year’s Eve at Barnutopia.
We often forget to take pics because we are enjoying ourselves too much. However, here are a few pics from New Year’s Eve 2018/2019.