ON HOLD UNTIL SPRING 2022.
TACK SALE POSTPONED until
19-21 Nov 2021. In response to government restrictions relating to Coronavirus, we have made the decision to POSTPONE the tack sale again. We need time to promote and market this event so it is successful for everyone. At the moment (beginning Dec 2020) we do not know what the circumstances will be in spring 2021.
Fourth time lucky
There’s no point to this sale if attendees can’t browse between tables and handle all the sale items. Hopefully, we will not have to reschedule again because of coronavirus.
- Weekend of 19-21 Nov 2021 (Fri-Sun)
Weekend of 19-21 Mar 2021 (Fri-Sun) Weekend of 13-15 Nov 2020 (Fri-Sun) Weekend of 20-22 Mar 2020 (Fri-Sun)
Please download and print our flyer to put up at your stable or horse club.
Please complete the registration form if you are interested in BUYING or SELLING used horse tack or clothing. If you could also indicate that you’re going (or interested) on our Facebook event, that would be fantastic.
Seeking CO-HOST ORGANISATION (must be a registered charity). Get in touch if your organisation could provide volunteers and benefit from the tack sale.
Barnutopia, Tanycoed Farm, Llansilin, near Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 9BS
In the long event barn.
How Does the Tack Sale Work?
The tack sale can be successful ONLY if we have lots of sellers and buyers. You can sell and buy tack as you wish.
- SELLERS drop off their tack at the sale barn from 2 pm on Friday and up to 12 noon on Sunday.
- Tack is logged and priced as the seller wishes. The price to include a 20% selling fee (see below).
- BUYERS come from 10-6 pm Saturday and 10-4 pm Sunday to browse and buy tack. Cash only.
- Tack is grouped on different tables/areas (e.g. bridles on one, girths on another, saddles on a long rack).
- No helmets unless brand new with labels still attached.
- Tea, coffee, drinks and snacks available for purchase
- Collect unsold tack from 2 pm Sunday and up to Wednesday evening.
- Uncollected tack will be disposed of or donated.
Also known as the consignment or agency fee, this is 20% of the sale price. The fee is split between the host (Barnutopia) and the volunteer organisation. For example, if a bridle sold for £25, the seller gets £20.00 and £5.00 (20%) is split between the host venue and volunteer organisation. Payouts to sellers are usually within 2 weeks of the sale.
Used Horse Tack Sale Experience
We lived in the USA for 10 years. Every February the local horse club held a tack sale and raised thousands of dollars for the club. I bought some AMAZING tack at low prices and sold tack that I no longer needed.
The tack sales we visited in the USA were fantastic for everyone; the seller, the club, the event arena and the buyer. It’s hard selling used tack because everyone wants to see it, feel it and compare it to other similar pieces. Being able to bring second-hand tack from hundreds of sellers together was a brilliant way of doing just that.