- Weekend venue hire (2 nights, Fri-Sun)
- Midweek venue hire (2 nights, Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu)
- Option to add night(s)
- Exclusive hire package
- Barn, yurts/cabins, staff, tables/chairs, cloths/covers & more
- For up to 30, 30-60, 60-90 and 90-120 guests
- 2020 pricing from £1,728 midweek to £6,200 weekend (see below)
- Optional add-ones
Perfect for weddings (licensed for ceremonies), hen weekends, birthday celebrations, friends and family gatherings and escape to the country retreats. We know that school and corporate groups have different requirements, please see our conference venue hire FAQ here. If you would like a formal quote or need a customized package for a particular event, please submit an enquiry and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours. Otherwise, scroll down for pricing. Please read through carefully. There are lots of items that most venues charge as extras. Our package includes all the essential items you’ll need to create an amazing day.
Venue Hire includes
- Exclusive use of entire glamping village, barns and facilities
- 2 nights (noon to noon)
- Accommodation in 9 luxury glamping yurts/cabins
- Campsite for tents and a few camper vans
- Event barn with dry bar (no corkage) and dance floor
- DIY venue decorating, barn set-up, centrepieces etc.
- Bar equipment (ice buckets, bottle openers, drip trays, bins)
- Polycarbonate (safe) glassware, flutes, wine, tumblers, pint
- Vintage china plates, bowls, platters and cutlery for reception meal
- Dutch barn (indoor/outdoor space) great for campfires
- Fire pits and firewood
- Self-cater, use mobile caterers or ask us about catering
- 2 fully equipped self-catering kitchens with tea and coffee
- Bathroom block with 3 showers, 5 toilets and 2 urinals
- Private dressing room/bathroom (weddings only)
- Car-park for around 25 vehicles (and more on campsite)
- See also Venue Decorations, Equipment and Staff and Services, Optional Add-Ons and What’s Not Included, below.
Venue Decorations and Equipment included
- Fairy lights in event barn
- Round banqueting tables & chairs (and some sashes)
- Table cloths and chair covers
- Basic barn decorations, log slices, window sashes, some others
- Wooden wedding arch for you to decorate
- Bluetooth speaker for aisle walk, speeches and playlists
- Sturdy picnic tables and parasols
- Hay bales for outside seating, weather dependent
Staff and Services included
- Event supervisor(s) onsite 24/7
- Serving/event staff on event day (not for 30 guests or fewer)
- Site-wide power, lights and free WiFi (except campsite)
- Tea and fresh coffee station on event day (not for 30 guests or fewer)
- Disposal of bar and catering waste
Many couples like to organise or do these optional add-ons themselves. However, we are happy to quote for any of these items if you won’t have the time to arrange everything yourselves. Please enquire.
- Dedicated on-the-day coordinator
- Barn and tables (including centrepieces) dressed for you
- Wedding favours
- Celebrant for personalised ceremony (but not a registrar)
- Hair and makeup
- Bouquets (1 bridal, 4 bridesmaids) and buttonholes (8)
- Wedding cake
- Licensed bar (possible only if you don’t bring your own alcohol)
- Live band
- Other entertainment
- Commercial barn heater (strongly recommended Nov-Feb, £250 approx.)
You may self-cater, use mobile caterers or enquire about Barnutopia event catering for part or all of your catering on any of our packages.
- Notice of Marriage in your district
- Shropshire registrar for legal wedding ceremonies
Weekend (2 nights, Fri-Sun) Venue Hire Prices
- HEADCOUNT includes the wedding party and all residential and day/evening only guests.
- MIDWEEK discount of 20% midweek (Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu).
- VENUE HIRE LITE discount of 10% for fully residential gatherings of up to 60 guests only. EXCLUDES banqueting tables, chairs, cloths, covers, polycarbonate glassware and vintage china, staff, tea and coffee station. Cannot be used with other special offer discounts.
|Up to 30 guests||Up to 60 guests||Up to 90 guests||Up to 120 guests||Per extra night|
Our comprehensive venue hire package includes pretty much everything you need for a wedding or event. Weekend hire is 2 nights, usually Fri-Sun. Midweek is 2 nights, usually Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu. You may check available weekend dates here (midweek dates by enquiry only) or feel free to submit an enquiry with details of your group glamping gathering, wedding or event.
Only water soluble biodegradable contetti may be used. No paper, foil or flower petals permitted.
You can play loud music or have a DJ/band in the event barn but you cannot blast music at concert levels. It is not necessary. One of the reasons guests choose Barnutopia is because of its location in the stunning and peaceful Shropshire countryside. That is also the reason many choose to live in the area. Please be mindful of excessive noise at all times.
Vendors & Suppliers
We have added a list of vendors and suppliers for your convenience. Inclusion does not mean endorsement. Please let us know if you have any recommendations.
Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Of course, we won’t post on social media until you have posted your own images (or when you tell us it’s okay to do so). We’re also happy to share our images with you; however, we are not professional photographers and we cannot guarantee the quality or pics of a particular moment.
We strongly recommend that you hire a professional photographer if a picture record of your event is very important. We would appreciate permission (from you and your photographer) to use at least a few images for the purpose of information and promotion. For example, on our website and social media. We will of course attribute the image correctly to the photographer.
Decorations and Fire Safety
You may decorate the barns and site being mindful of fire and safety. Candles and naked flames are NOT ALLOWED indoors under any circumstances. You may use the fake LED candles with flickering lights. These are very effective and look like the real thing in pics. We are happy to make exceptions for indoor caterers BY ARRANGEMENT. Chinese lanterns that float away and burn are NOT permitted.
See here for dimensions and floor-plans of the wedding bans.
Venue Hire at Barnutopia
- “Best wedding venue ever. We had the most perfect day yesterday, getting married at the beautiful Barnutopia! Thank you so so so much Katrina and Steve; you went above and beyond to help us with every detail and made sure our guests were very well fed with a yummy afternoon tea and bbq! A day we’ll never forget!” Hannah & Mat
- Barnutopia in spring 2018 series ITV “Give It A Year” with Baroness Karren Brady.
- Pics of our first (2018) wedding fair and grand opening with ribbon-cutting by the Mayor of Oswestry.
- Feel free to print our bed allocation template to help figure out where people will sleep for large bookings.
- Suggested winter wedding complete package.
- 21 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- 33 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Rural Wedding Venue.
- How Much Does a DIY Wedding Cost?
- 5 Tips for Avoiding a Self-Catering Disaster at your DIY Wedding