Our assisted DIY event package includes exclusive use countryside barn venue and glamping village. Stunning rural location with views of the Shropshire and Powys hills in every direction. 9 luxury yurts and cabins, licensed for wedding ceremonies, event barn, indoor/outdoor Dutch barn and excellent amenities. Lots of extras. For 15-120 headcount. Scroll down for pricing.
Barnutopia is perfect for residential events of all kinds:
- Weddings for up to 120 headcount
- All-inclusive micro wedding for up to 15 guests
- Multi-couple festival wedding July 2022
- License for marriage ceremonies
- Hen weekends
- Birthday celebrations
- Friends and family gatherings
- Rural retreats (e.g. outdoor activities, yoga, mental health recovery
- Conferences (see conference venue hire FAQ)
- Custom package
We aim to keep our calendar up to date at all times. However, even if your dates appear to be unavailable, please get in touch.
- Dry hire entire glamping village, barns and facilities
- 2 nights (noon to noon) event and festival packages
- Accommodation in 9 luxury glamping yurts/cabins
- Pitches for tents and a few camper vans. No EHU
- Event barn with dry bar (no corkage) and dance floor
- DIY venue decorating, barn set-up, centrepieces etc.
- Bar equipment (ice buckets, bottle openers, drip trays, bins)
- Polycarbonate (safe) glassware, flutes, wine, tumblers, pint
- Vintage china plates, bowls, platters and cutlery for reception meal
- Dutch barn (indoor/outdoor space) great for campfires
- Fire pits and firewood (bring your own charcoal for bbqing)
- Self-cater, use mobile caterers or ask us about catering
- 2 fully equipped self-catering kitchens
- Bathroom block with 3 showers, 5 toilets and 2 urinals
- Private dressing room/bathroom on day (weddings/vow renewals only)
- Car-park for around 25 vehicles (and more on campsite)
- See also Venue Decorations, Equipment and Staff and Services, Optional Add-Ons and What’s Not Included, below.
- Site-wide power and Wifi
- Round banqueting tables seating 6-10 guests
- Banqueting chairs
- Table cloths & chair covers
- Bluetooth speaker for aisle walk, speeches and playlists
- Sturdy picnic tables and parasols
- Hay bales for outside seating, weather dependent
The barn is (almost) a blank slate and you may bring your own decorations and decorate as you wish. We provide:
- Fairy lights in event barn
- Selection of chair sashes
- Log slices
Decorations & Fire Safety
You may decorate the barns and site being mindful of fire and safety. Candles and naked flames are NOT ALLOWED indoors under any circumstances. You may use the fake LED candles with flickering lights. These are very effective and look like the real thing in pics. We are happy to make exceptions for indoor caterers BY ARRANGEMENT. Chinese lanterns that float away and burn are NOT permitted.
- Window sashes
- Wooden wedding arch
- More decorations in our store room
- Event supervisor(s) onsite 24/7
- Serving/event staff on event day
- Site-wide power, lights and free WiFi (except campsite)
- Reception drinks (e.g. Prosecco or wine, soft drinks)
- Tea and fresh coffee station on event day (if required)
- Disposal of bar and catering waste
Waste disposal is included in venue hire, BUT all decorations should be taken down and taken away if they belong to you. If you want to leave any behind, please ask us as we have limited storage space. Our decorations may be left outside the store room at the back of the barn so that we can check and put away. All rubbish and waste should be collected together in bin-bags or bins as appropriate. You should walk around the site and pick up any rubbish, including cigarette ends, and place in the bins. Please leave the site as you found it.
You must do the following yourselves:
- Give notice of Marriage in your district
- Book a Shropshire registrar to legalise your wedding ceremony at Barnutopia (licensed for ceremonies) if you choose to get married onsite
You may self-cater, use mobile caterers or enquire about Barnutopia event catering for part or all of your catering on any of our packages.
Only water soluble biodegradable contetti may be used. No paper, foil or flower petals permitted.
We often take pictures of the site, events and guests during an event. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Of course, we won't post on social media until you have posted your own images (or when you tell us it's okay to do so). We're also happy to share our images with you; however, we are not professional photographers and we cannot guarantee the quality or pics of a particular moment.
We strongly recommend that you hire a professional photographer if a picture record of your event is very important. We would appreciate permission (from you and your photographer) to use at least a few images for the purpose of information and promotion. For example, on our website and social media. We will of course attribute the image correctly to the photographer.
You are welcome to hire a mobile disco, band or other musical enteratainment for your wedding or event.
You can play loud music or have a DJ/band in the event barn but you cannot blast music at concert levels. It is not necessary. One of the reasons guests choose Barnutopia is because of its location in the stunning and peaceful Shropshire countryside. That is also the reason many choose to live in the area. Please be mindful of excessive noise at all times.
Many couples like to organise or do these optional add-ons themselves. However, we are happy to quote for any of these items if you won’t have the time to arrange everything yourselves. Please enquire.
- Dedicated on-the-day coordinator
- Photoshoot with our wedding donkeys
- Barn, tables (including centrepieces) and wedding arch dressed for you
- Wedding favours
- Celebrant for personalised ceremony
- Hair and makeup
- Bouquets (1 bridal, 4 bridesmaids) and buttonholes (8)
- Wedding cake
- Licensed bar (possible only if you don’t bring your own alcohol)
- Live band
- Other entertainment
- Commercial barn heater hire (strongly recommended Nov-Feb, £450 including propane)
We reserve the right to charge a damage deposit of £1,000 payable one week before your event. It is returnable within one week of your event assuming there is no damage.
Reduced pricing for smaller weddings and events.
- Up to 15 headcount (micro) 35% discount
- Up to 30 headcount (mini) 25% discount
- Up to 45 headcount (midi) 15% discount
- See also our all-inclusive package for micro, mini and midi weddings and events.
- LITE* additional 25% discount
* Our LITE package is available for 45 and under headcount only. Perfect for a relaxed family & friends getaway. EXCLUDES event/serving staff, reception drinks, bar equipment, polycarbonate glasses, tablecloths, chair covers, vintage china, our barn decorations, wedding arch, hay bales, tea & coffee station, private dressing room/bathroom for couple.
- Standard Event Package
- 40 residential, 60 drop-in day/evening
- Weekend 2 nights, Fri-Sun
- Midweek 2 nights, Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu
- Additional nights possible
- High Season
- Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Dec
- 2021 weekend £7,200, midweek £5,750
- 2022 weekend £7,700, midweek £6,150
- 2023 weekend £7,900, midweek £6,300
- Low Season
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Oct, Nov
- 2021 weekend £5,750, midweek £4,750
- 2022 weekend £6,150, midweek £5,100
- 2023 weekend £6,300, midweek £5,250
Our festival package is for up to 120 guests and all may be residential glampers and campers. We add a couple of portable toilets so as not to overload our septic system. The bathroom block is lovely and we have never had any problems with it, but the waste system is not designed to cope with 100+ guests for 2 or 3 consecutive nights.
Add to Standard package price
- High and low season
- Weekend or midweek
- £1,000 in 2021
- £1,150 in 2022
- £1,300 in 2023
- Address & Directions ➤ Contact details, downloadable maps, public transport, taxi services.
- Site Plan ➤ Showing positions of all barns, accommodation and shared facilities.
- Bed Allocation Form ➤ Downloadable form (Word) with all units and beds in each.
- Barns, Bales, Plans & Dimensions ➤ Barn floor plans, pics and dimensions.
- Catering for Events ➤ Catering suggestions and pricing.
- Budget Planner ➤ Downloadable spreadsheet template (Excel) to keep track of expenses.
- Legal Marriage at Barnutopia ➤ Getting married legally at Barnutopia (licensed wedding venue).
- Wedding donkeys ➤ Our donkeys, Andi and Sassy would love to be part of your big day.
- Vendor Directory ➤ Local event vendors and suppliers.
- Local B&Bs and Guesthouses ➤ List of nearby accommodation providers.
Venue Hire at Barnutopia
- “Best wedding venue ever. We had the most perfect day yesterday, getting married at the beautiful Barnutopia! Thank you so so so much Katrina and Steve; you went above and beyond to help us with every detail and made sure our guests were very well fed with a yummy afternoon tea and bbq! A day we’ll never forget!” Hannah & Mat
- Barnutopia in spring 2018 series ITV “Give It A Year” with Baroness Karren Brady.
- Pics of our first (2018) wedding fair and grand opening with ribbon-cutting by the Mayor of Oswestry.
- Feel free to print our bed allocation template to help figure out where people will sleep for large bookings.
- Suggested winter wedding complete package.
- 21 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- 33 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Rural Wedding Venue.
- How Much Does a DIY Wedding Cost?
- 5 Tips for Avoiding a Self-Catering Disaster at your DIY Wedding