Don’t forget to register for our Autumn Wedding Fayre on Sun 10 Oct 2021.
Barnutopia is perfect for residential events of all kinds and is licensed for wedding ceremonies. For 15-120 headcount, our assisted DIY event package includes exclusive use countryside barn venue and glamping village. Stunning rural location. Check above for availability. Scroll down for pricing. Complete enquiry form for detailed quote ➤
Venue, Barns, Outdoor Spaces & Accommodation
Exclusive hire for 2 nights, 9 luxury glamping yurts and cabins (plus Campervan Zac on request and subject to availability), campsite (no EHU), outdoor ceremony spaces, event barn licensed for marriage ceremonies with dry bar (no corkage) and dance floor, indoor/outdoor Dutch barn with fire pits and firewood.
Tables, Chairs & Equipment
Round banqueting tables, chairs, tablecloths and chair covers, 600W Bluetooth speaker for playlists, outdoor picnic tables & parasols, hay bales for outdoor seating (weather permitting)
Tableware & Glasses
Vintage china crockery (plates, bowls, teacups & saucers, serving platters), cutlery, bar equipment (ice buckets, bottle openers, drip trays) and polycarbonate (safe) glassware (flutes, wine, tumblers, pint),
Private dressing room/bathroom on day (weddings/vow renewals only), 2 fully equipped self-catering kitchens, bathroom block with unlimited hot water for showers, private car-park for around 25 vehicles (and more on campsite)
Staff & Services
Event supervisor(s) onsite 24/7, serving/event staff on event day, tea and fresh coffee station on event day (if required), disposal of bar and catering waste, sitewide power and Wifi,
DIY Venue Dressing & Decorations
The barn is (almost) a blank slate and you may bring your own decorations and decorate as you wish. We provide a wooden wedding arch, fairy lights in event barn, a selection of chair sashes, log slices, window sashes and a selection of other decorations in our store room
Disposal of rubbish and catering waste is included in venue hire but you should take down decorations and tidy up. Decorations should be taken away if they belong to you. If you want to leave any behind, please ask us as we have limited storage space. Please leave the site as you found it.
You may self-cater (not recommended for more than 45 guests), use mobile caterers or enquire about Barnutopia event catering for part or all of some of your catering at additional cost.
Photography & Videography
We strongly recommend that you hire a professional photographer if a picture record of your event is very important. We often take pictures during events to use for marketing and promotion purposes. You are welcome to copies of our images.
Wedding Donkey Shoot
Our donkeys, Andi and Sassy would love to be part of your big day.
Confetti PLEASE READ
Only water soluble biodegradable contetti may be used. No paper, foil or flower petals permitted. Please ASK and we can order some for you and pass on the cost.
DJ/Band & Noise Policy
You can have a DJ/band in the event barn but we are mindful of noise at all times. This does not mean you can't have a good party; it just means you cannot blast at concert levels.
Barnutopia is licensed for wedding ceremonies. You should give notice of marriage in your district and book a Shropshire registrar to conduct your ceremony.
We reserve the right to charge a damage deposit of £1,000 payable one week before your event. It is returnable within one week of your event assuming there is no damage.
- Address & Directions ➤ Contact details, downloadable maps, public transport, taxi services.
- Site Plan ➤ Showing positions of all barns, accommodation and shared facilities.
- Bed Allocation Form ➤ Downloadable form (Word) with all units and beds in each.
- Barns, Bales, Plans & Dimensions ➤ Barn floor plans, pics and dimensions.
- Catering for Events ➤ Catering suggestions and pricing.
- Budget Planner ➤ Downloadable spreadsheet template (Excel) to keep track of expenses.
- Legal Marriage at Barnutopia ➤ Getting married legally at Barnutopia (licensed wedding venue).
- Vendor Directory ➤ Local event vendors and suppliers.
- Local B&Bs and Guesthouses ➤ List of nearby accommodation providers.
Our standard event package is exclusive hire for up to 100 guests (40 residential, 60 drop-in day/evening) for 2 nights with a discount for low season.
Weekend & Midweek
- Weekend, 2 nights, usually Fri-Sun
- Midweek, 2 nights, usually Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu
- Additional nights possible
High & Low Season
- High Season, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Dec
- Low Season, Jan, Feb, Mar, Oct, Nov
- £7,200 weekend high season
- £5,750 weekend low season
- £5,750 midweek high season
- £4,750 midweek low season
- £900 per night additional night
- £7,350 weekend high season
- £5,950 weekend low season
- £5,950 midweek high season
- £4,900 midweek low season
- £950 per night additional night
- £7,500 weekend high season
- £6,100 weekend low season
- £6,100 midweek high season
- £5,050 midweek low season
- £1,000 per night additional night
Discount on standard event package for smaller weddings and events:
- Up to 45 headcount (midi) 25% discount
- Up to 30 headcount (mini) 30% discount
- Up to 15 headcount (micro) 35% discount
- See also our all-inclusive package for micro weddings and events.
- LITE* additional 25% discount
* Our LITE package is available for 45 and under headcount only. Perfect for a relaxed family & friends getaway. EXCLUDES event/serving staff, bar equipment, polycarbonate glasses, tablecloths, chair covers, vintage china, our barn decorations, wedding arch, hay bales, tea & coffee station, private dressing room/bathroom for couple.
Our festival event package is for up to 120 guests and all may be residential glampers and campers. We add a couple of portable toilets so as not to overload our septic system. The bathroom block is lovely and we have never had any problems with it, but the waste system is not designed to cope with 100+ guests for 2 or 3 consecutive nights.
Add to standard event price
- High and low season
- Weekend or midweek
- £1,000 in 2021
- £1,150 in 2022
- £1,300 in 2023
Venue Hire at Barnutopia
- “Best wedding venue ever. We had the most perfect day yesterday, getting married at the beautiful Barnutopia! Thank you so so so much Katrina and Steve; you went above and beyond to help us with every detail and made sure our guests were very well fed with a yummy afternoon tea and bbq! A day we’ll never forget!” Hannah & Mat
- Barnutopia in spring 2018 series ITV “Give It A Year” with Baroness Karren Brady.
- Pics of our first (2018) wedding fair and grand opening with ribbon-cutting by the Mayor of Oswestry.
- Feel free to print our bed allocation template to help figure out where people will sleep for large bookings.
- Suggested winter wedding complete package.
- 21 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- 33 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Rural Wedding Venue.
- How Much Does a DIY Wedding Cost?
- 5 Tips for Avoiding a Self-Catering Disaster at your DIY Wedding