Exclusive venue hire with comprehensive assisted DIY package. Perfect for friends and family gatherings. Licensed for weddings. Hen groups and corporate retreats welcome. Get Quote Now
Standard Assisted DIY Venue Hire
Please note the LITE package is fully DIY and excludes a lot of extras included with our standard DIY package.
- Exclusive use entire site (no other guests onsite)
- 2 nights (noon arrival day to noon departure day)
- On the day coordination and help (not with LITE)
- Accommodation (9 luxury yurts/cabins with beds, linen, power, light, heating)
- Campsite for overflow tent camping
- Site-wide free WiFi (except campsite)
- 2 self-catering kitchens (1x large, 1x small)
- Cookware, utensils, crockery, cutlery, glasses for approx. 30 guests
- Event/long barn decorated with fairy lights
- Indoor/outdoor Dutch barn
- Log slice centrepieces and various barn decorations
- Hay bales for outside seating, weather dependent (not with LITE)
- Banqueting tables and chairs
- Table cloths and chair covers (not with LITE)
- Tea and fresh coffee station (with all supplies) on event day (not with LITE)
- Polycarbonate (safe) glassware, flutes, wine, tumblers, pint (not with LITE)
- Staff help on event day depending on headcount & catering choices (not with LITE)
- Fire pit/bbqs and firewood (charcoal not provided)
- Bathroom block with 3 showers, 5 toilets and 2 urinals
- Dressing room in farmhouse for bride(s) and/or groom(s) (weddings only)
- Sturdy picnic tables and outdoor furniture
- Bring your own alcohol (no corkage) and dry bar
- Bluetooth speaker for playlists etc
- Parking for around 30 vehicles plus overflow on campsite
Venue Hire Package Prices
- Annual pricing 1 April to 31 March
- See Apr 2019 – Mar 2020 pricing
- See Apr 2020 – Mar 2021 pricing
- See Apr 2021 – Mar 2022 pricing
- See Apr 2022 – Mar 2023 pricing
Guest headcount includes all guests (residential and day/evening only). Weekend is 2 nights usually Fri-Sun. Midweek is 2 nights usually Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu. You may check available weekend dates here (midweek dates by enquiry only) or feel free to submit an enquiry with details of your group glamping gathering, wedding or event.
Depending on your total headcount, there are capacity limits for residential guests (glampers and/or campers) and day/evening guests.
- Up to 60 guests (all may be residential)
- 70 guests (includes up to 55 residential)
- 80 guests (includes up to 50 residential)
- 90 guests (includes up to 45 residential)
- 100 guests (includes up to 40 residential)
- 110 guests (includes up to 35 residential)
- 120 guests (includes up to 30 residential)
Our residential capacity limits are dictated by our permit for our private water supply and septic system. It is possible to add more residential guests by arrangement at additional cost. Please enquire.
Not included (unless by arrangement)
- Shropshire registrar fee. You must book the registrar
- Catering. You may self-cater, hire mobile catering or enquire about Barnutopia catering
- Venue and table dressing. You may dress the venue subject to safety rules
- Additional serving staff at £19.50 per head per hour. Min 4 hours per person
- Vintage china & cutlery. Hire from us at £3.50 inc. vat per head (includes crockery, cutlery, serving platters, dishes and washing up)
- Licensed bar, disco, live band or entertainment (bar area, space and power available)
- Commercial barn heat (may be useful in very cold weather). Available for weekend hire at £300 inc vat approx. including propane.
- Headcount over stated residential/event capacity limits
You can play loud music or have a DJ/band in the event barn but you cannot blast music at concert levels. It is not necessary. Aim for a noise level that allows conversation without shouting. From experience we know this is more than adequate for a good party, which can go on all night providing your DJ or band complies with any request we make to turn down the volume. One of the reasons guests choose Barnutopia is because of its location in the stunning and peaceful Shropshire countryside. That is also the reason many choose to live in the area. Please be mindful of excessive noise at all times. Barnutopia is not a night club and we cannot permit music that echoes across the valley and disturbs neighbours.
You may self-cater, use mobile caterers or enquire about Barnutopia event catering.
Water soluble confetti ONLY may be used outside. NOT rose or other flower petals. They turn into a brown sludge like dead leaves. A clean-up fee will be levied if flower petals, paper or tissue confetti is used. We tested rose petal confetti and it does not blow away or disintegrate fast enough. It cannot be raked up and is too small to be picked up by our lawn mower. The water soluble confetti intended for confetti cannons makes too much mess and does not disintegrate fast enough. This Ecofetti works well and seems to disappear quickly.
Vendors & Suppliers
We have added a list of vendors and suppliers for your convenience. Inclusion does not mean endorsement. Please let us know if you have any recommendations.
Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Of course, we won’t post on social media until you have posted your own images (or when you tell us it’s okay to do so). We’re also happy to share our images with you; however, we are not professional photographers and we cannot guarantee the quality or pics of a particular moment. We strongly recommend that you hire a professional photographer if a picture record of your event is very important.
We would appreciate permission (from you and your photographer) to use at least a few images for the purpose of information and promotion. For example, on our website and social media. We will of course attribute the image correctly to the photographer.
Decorations and Fire Safety
You may decorate the barns and site being mindful of fire and safety. Candles and naked flames are NOT ALLOWED inside the event barn and party barn under any circumstances. You may use the fake LED candles with flickering lights. These are very effective and look like the real thing in pics. We are happy to make exceptions for indoor caterers BY ARRANGEMENT. Chinese lanterns that float away and burn are NOT permitted.
See here for dimensions and floor-plans of the wedding bans.
Venue Hire at Barnutopia
- Pre-Christmas 2019 complete package.
- Valentine’s 2020 complete package.
- “Best wedding venue ever. We had the most perfect day yesterday, getting married at the beautiful Barnutopia! Thank you so so so much Katrina and Steve; you went above and beyond to help us with every detail and made sure our guests were very well fed with a yummy afternoon tea and bbq! A day we’ll never forget!” Hannah & Mat, Married 9 June 2018
- Barnutopia in spring 2018 series ITV “Give It A Year” with Baroness Karren Brady.
- Pics of our first (2018) wedding fair and grand opening with ribbon-cutting by the Mayor of Oswestry.
- Feel free to print our bed allocation template to help figure out where people will sleep for large bookings.
- 21 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- 33 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Rural Wedding Venue.
- How Much Does a DIY Wedding Cost?
- 5 Tips for Avoiding a Self-Catering Disaster at your DIY Wedding