Exclusive venue hire for gatherings or events for 20 to 120 guests. Please submit an enquiry to receive a quotation. Licensed for wedding ceremonies.
- Competition to win FREE venue hire 4-6 Oct 2019 (ENDS 30 Apr 2019)
- Destination venue hire for weekend (Fri-Sun) or midweek (Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu)
- Pre-Christmas 2019 complete package
- Valentine’s 2020 complete package
- “Best wedding venue ever. We had the most perfect day yesterday, getting married at the beautiful Barnutopia! Thank you so so so much Katrina and Steve; you went above and beyond to help us with every detail and made sure our guests were very well fed with a yummy afternoon tea and bbq! A day we’ll never forget!” Hannah & Mat, Married 9 June 2018
- Barnutopia in spring 2018 series ITV “Give It A Year” with Baroness Karren Brady
- Pics of our first wedding fair and grand opening with ribbon-cutting by the Mayor of Oswestry
Destination Venue Hire Event Capacity Guide
To stay in compliance with our planning permission and other licensing conditions, there are residential (guests who glamp or camp) and drop-in (day or evening guest) capacity limits.
- Up to 60 guests (all may glamp or camp)
- 70 guests (55 may glamp or camp plus 15 drop-in)
- 80 guests (50 may glamp or camp plus 30 drop-in)
- 90 guests (45 may glamp or camp plus 45 drop-in)
- 100 guests (40 may glamp or camp plus 60 drop-in)
- 110 guests (35 may glamp or camp plus 75 drop-in)
- 120 guests (30 may glamp or camp plus 90 drop-in)
Exclusive use of the entire venue
- 2 nights at the weekend (Fri-Sun)
- 2 nights midweek (Mon-Wed, Tue-Thu)
- Option to add an extra midweek night (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu)
Exclusive hire includes the whole site with all glamping accommodation units, campsite, large event barn, Dutch barn, smaller party barn, camp kitchens, banqueting tables and chairs, table cloths and chair covers, no corkage fee, bathroom block plus a private bathroom/dressing room (weddings only). All 3 barns are licensed for marriage ceremonies. See below for full details of what’s included.
- 21 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- 33 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Rural Wedding Venue.
- How Much Does a DIY Wedding Cost?
- 5 Tips for Avoiding a Self-Catering Disaster at your DIY Wedding
Venue Hire Package Prices
Guest headcount includes wedding party, residential, day and evening guests. See below for full details of what’s included. Weekend is 2 nights Fri-Sun. Midweek is 2 nights Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu. You may check available dates here or feel free to submit an enquiry.
2019-2022 prices including VAT
Please use a realistic estimate for headcount, particularly for weddings. Bear in mind that between 10% and 25% of your guest-list won’t be able to come. We try to accommodate changes with a reduction or increase in price, but we cannot guarantee to increase headcount. This is because we have to plan events and staffing. We prefer not to have two large weddings back to back. We need a final headcount 7 months before your event. We appreciate your help with this.
- Weekend 2 nights, Fri-Sun
- 2 nights midweek, Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu (30% off)
- For 2020 pricing add £100
- For 2021 pricing add £300
- For2022 pricing add £500
- £1,800 for up to 20 guests (£1,260 midweek)
- £2,400 for 20-30 guests (£1,680 midweek)
- £2,900 for 30-40 guests (£2,030 midweek)
- £3,300 for 40-50 guests (£2,310 midweek)
- £3,600 for 50-60 guests (£2,520 midweek)
- £4,300 for 60-90 guests (£3,010 midweek)
- £4,900 for 90-120 guests (£3,430 midweek)
- Third night £650 in 2019, £750 in 2020, £850 in 2021 and £950 in 2022 (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed or Thu)
Exclusive Use Entire Venue Hire Package Includes
- On the day coordination and help.
- 9 luxury glamping units (1 x 10-man, 1 x 8-man, 1 x 7-man, 1 x 6-man, 4 x 4-man, 1 x 3-man).
- Campsite for 5-6 large tents or more smaller tents.
- 2 self-catering kitchens (1 x large, 1 x small).
- 3 licensed barns (event/long barn, Dutch barn and cookhouse/little barn).
- Barn heater(s) during cold weather.
- Site-wide free WiFi (except camping field).
- Fairy lights, log slice centrepieces, hay bales, various bits and bobs.
- Fire pit/bbqs and firewood (charcoal not provided).
- Banqueting tables and chairs, cloths and covers.
- Tea and fresh coffee station including all supplies (weddings only, 30+ guests)
- Self-cater, mobile caterers or we can cater (please enquire).
- Bathroom block with 3 showers, 5 toilets and 2 urinals.
- Private bathroom for bride(s) or groom(s) and entourage (weddings only).
- Sturdy picnic tables and outdoor furniture (including hay bales).
- Bring your own alcohol (no corkage) and dry bar.
- Polycarbonate (safe) glassware (flutes, wine, tumblers, pint).
- 0, 1, 2 or 3 staff help for main event depending on headcount, schedule and catering choices
- Bluetooth speaker for playlists etc.
- Parking for around 30 vehicles plus overflow on campsite field.
Not included with Venue Hire Package (unless by arrangement)
- Third night midweek before or after for residential guests. Please enquire.
- Shropshire registrar fee (you must book the registrar).
- Venue and table dressing. You may dress the venue subject to safety rules.
- Additional event staff. £19.50 per hr per person (min 4 hrs per person).
- Vintage china and cutlery. Available for hire at £3.00 inc. vat per head (included with our afternoon tea).
- Catering by Barnutopia (staff included, please enquire).
- Licensed bar, disco, live band or entertainment (bar area, space and power available).
- Headcount over stated residential/event capacity limits.
You can play loud music or have a DJ/band in the event barn but you cannot blast music at concert levels. It is not necessary. Aim for a noise level that allows conversation without shouting. From experience we know this is more than adequate for a good party, which can go on all night providing your DJ or band complies with any request we make to turn down the volume. One of the reasons guests choose Barnutopia is because of its location in the stunning and peaceful Shropshire countryside. That is also the reason many choose to live here. Please be mindful of excessive noise at all times. Barnutopia is not a night club and we cannot permit music that echoes across the valley and disturbs neighbours.
You may self-cater, use mobile caterers or enquire about Barnutopia event catering.
Water soluble confetti ONLY may be used outside. Confetti marked as biodegradable may not be water soluble so please check carefully. A clean-up fee will be levied if ordinary paper or tissue confetti is used. We tested rose petal confetti and it does not blow away or disintegrate fast enough. It cannot be raked up and is too small to be picked up by our lawn mower. The water soluble confetti intended for confetti cannons makes too much mess and does not disintegrate fast enough. This Ecofetti works well and seems to disappear quickly.
Vendors & Suppliers
We have added a list of vendors and suppliers for your convenience. Inclusion does not mean endorsement. Please let us know if you have any recommendations.
Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Of course, we won’t post on social media until you have posted your own images (or when you tell us it’s okay to do so). We’re also happy to share our images with you; however, we are not professional photographers and we cannot guarantee the quality or pics of a particular moment. We strongly recommend that you hire a professional photographer if a picture record of your event is very important.
We would appreciate permission (from you and your photographer) to use at least a few images for the purpose of information and promotion. For example, on our website and social media. We will of course attribute the image correctly to the photographer.
Decorations and Fire Safety
You may decorate the barns and site being mindful of fire and safety. Candles and naked flames are NOT ALLOWED inside the event barn and party barn under any circumstances. You may use the fake LED candles with flickering lights. These are very effective and look like the real thing in pics. We are happy to make exceptions for indoor caterers BY ARRANGEMENT. Chinese lanterns that float away and burn are NOT permitted.
See here for dimensions and floor-plans of the wedding bans.
Last updated: 18th November 2018