- Standard (assisted DIY) venue hire. For 20-120 guests including 30-45 residential glampers and campers. Our most popular package for weddings and larger gatherings.
- Lite (DIY) venue hire. For 20-50 residential glampers and campers. Perfect for hen weekends and smaller gatherings.
- NEW Platinum Wedding Package. For 40-120 guests. Relaxed DIY vibe without having to plan and arrange everything yourselves.
Standard Venue Hire Package includes
- Exclusive use
- On the day coordination
- 2 nights (noon to noon)
- Entire glamping village, barns and facilities
- Accommodation in 9 luxury glamping yurts/cabins
- Campsite for tents and a few camper vans
- Event barn with dry bar (no corkage) and dance floor
- You dress the barns and set up tables/chairs, centrepieces etc.
- Bar equipment (ice buckets, bottle openers, drip trays, bins)
- Polycarbonate (safe) glassware, flutes, wine, tumblers, pint
- Vintage china plates, bowls, platters, cutlery on event day
- Indoor/outdoor Dutch barn for campfires
- Fire pits and firewood
- Choose to self-cater, use mobile caterers or ask us about catering
- 2 fully equipped self-catering kitchens
- Bathroom block with 3 showers, 5 toilets and 2 urinals
- Private dressing room/bathroom (weddings only)
- Car-park for around 30 vehicles (and more on campsite)
- See also Venue Decorations and Equipment and Staff and services, below
Venue Decorations and Equipment included
- Fairy lights in event barn
- Round banqueting tables & chairs (and some sashes)
- Table cloths and chair covers
- Log slices, window sashes, various other barn decorations
- Wooden wedding arch
- Bluetooth speaker for playlists etc
- Water soluble biodegradable ecofetti (NO OTHER CONFETTI PERMITTED)
- Sturdy picnic tables and parasols
- Hay bales for outside seating, weather dependent
- Commercial barn heater during Nov, Dec, Jan or Feb
Staff and Services included
- Practical set-up help, serving/event staff on event day
- Site-wide power, lights and free WiFi (except campsite)
- Tea and fresh coffee station (with all supplies) on event day
- Disposal of bar and catering waste
What’s not included
These items are not included unless by arrangement or on our platinum wedding package.
- Catering. You may self-cater, use mobile caterers or enquire about Barnutopia catering.
- Decorating and dressing the barn and venue on the day/evening before
- Wedding cake, photography, videographer, licensed bar, disco, live band or entertainment
- Notice of Marriage in your district and Shropshire registrar (for legal wedding ceremonies)
Our LITE package EXCLUDES
- Headcount above 50
- On the day coordination
- Staff help
- Tea and fresh coffee station
- Table cloths and chair covers
- Polycarbonate (safe) glassware
- Vintage china
- Hay bales for outside seating
- Private dressing room/bathroom
- Commercial barn heater
Perfect for weddings, hen weekends, birthday celebrations, friends and family gatherings. Licensed for marriage ceremonies. Corporate retreats welcome. Get Quote Now
Venue Hire Package Prices
Prices range from £1,280 for 20 guests for 2 nights midweek in 2019/2020 on our LITE package to £7,800 for 120 guests for 2 nights weekend in 2022/2023 on our standard package. Please ask for a quote.
Our comprehensive venue hire package includes pretty much everything you need for a wedding or event. Weekend hire is 2 nights, usually Fri-Sun. Midweek is 2 nights, usually Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu. You may check available weekend dates here (midweek dates by enquiry only) or feel free to submit an enquiry with details of your group glamping gathering, wedding or event.
Standard and Lite Package Headcount Limits
Headcount includes wedding party and all guests (residential and day/evening only). Depending on your total headcount, there are capacity limits for residential guests (glampers and/or campers) and day/evening guests.
- Up to 60 headcount (all may be residential)
- 70 headcount (includes up to 55 residential)
- 80 headcount (includes up to 50 residential)
- 90 headcount (includes up to 45 residential)
- 100 headcount (includes up to 40 residential)
- 110 headcount (includes up to 35 residential)
- 120 headcount (includes up to 30 residential)
Our residential capacity limits are dictated by the local authority permit for our private water supply and septic system. It is possible to add more residential guests by adding portable toilets.
You can play loud music or have a DJ/band in the event barn but you cannot blast music at concert levels. It is not necessary. One of the reasons guests choose Barnutopia is because of its location in the stunning and peaceful Shropshire countryside. That is also the reason many choose to live in the area. Please be mindful of excessive noise at all times.
You may self-cater, use mobile caterers or enquire about Barnutopia event catering.
Vendors & Suppliers
We have added a list of vendors and suppliers for your convenience. Inclusion does not mean endorsement. Please let us know if you have any recommendations.
Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Of course, we won’t post on social media until you have posted your own images (or when you tell us it’s okay to do so). We’re also happy to share our images with you; however, we are not professional photographers and we cannot guarantee the quality or pics of a particular moment.
We strongly recommend that you hire a professional photographer if a picture record of your event is very important. We would appreciate permission (from you and your photographer) to use at least a few images for the purpose of information and promotion. For example, on our website and social media. We will of course attribute the image correctly to the photographer.
Decorations and Fire Safety
You may decorate the barns and site being mindful of fire and safety. Candles and naked flames are NOT ALLOWED indoors under any circumstances. You may use the fake LED candles with flickering lights. These are very effective and look like the real thing in pics. We are happy to make exceptions for indoor caterers BY ARRANGEMENT. Chinese lanterns that float away and burn are NOT permitted.
See here for dimensions and floor-plans of the wedding bans.
Venue Hire at Barnutopia
- Pre-Christmas 2019 complete package.
- Valentine’s 2020 complete package.
- “Best wedding venue ever. We had the most perfect day yesterday, getting married at the beautiful Barnutopia! Thank you so so so much Katrina and Steve; you went above and beyond to help us with every detail and made sure our guests were very well fed with a yummy afternoon tea and bbq! A day we’ll never forget!” Hannah & Mat, Married 9 June 2018
- Barnutopia in spring 2018 series ITV “Give It A Year” with Baroness Karren Brady.
- Pics of our first (2018) wedding fair and grand opening with ribbon-cutting by the Mayor of Oswestry.
- Feel free to print our bed allocation template to help figure out where people will sleep for large bookings.
- 21 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
- 33 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Rural Wedding Venue.
- How Much Does a DIY Wedding Cost?
- 5 Tips for Avoiding a Self-Catering Disaster at your DIY Wedding