How about a Welsh wine, cheese and chocolate weekend at Barnutopia? Imagine a fully catered weekend with suppers, breakfasts and wine, cheese and chocolate tasting event on Saturday afternoon.
If you would like to arrange this weekend as a whole site reservation for friends and family, please get in touch.
Welsh wine, cheese and chocolate weekend
Barnutopia has been running catered weekends and packages since July 2015. Mrs B is from Llangollen, Denbighshire and has thought about a Welsh weekend for a long time. The plan would be to serve only Welsh produce and cuisine for the weekend and to have a blow-out Welsh wine, cheese and chocolate tasting on Saturday afternoon. Possible itinerary:
- Welsh wine, cheese & chocolate weekend
- Arrive from 4 pm Friday
- Accommodation in luxury yurts & cabins
- Welsh theme event barn decorations
- Supper with drinks, campfire & quiz Fri evening
- Breakfast Sat morning
- Welsh theme table decorating competition
- Welsh wine, cheese & chocolate tasting event Sat lunchtime/afternoon
- Alternative activity for children (or why not make it adult only?)
- Supper with drinks & campfire Sat evening
- Breakfast Sun morning
- Depart by 12 noon Sunday
Menu and Tasting
The menu to include:
- Welsh-sourced meats and produce
- Leek soup, cawl, Welsh rarebit
- Bara brith, Welsh cakes, ice-cream
- Truffles, chocolates and treats
- Artisan cheeses & chutneys
- Fine wines, beer, mead and spirits
- Dietary requirements can be catered for if we are informed in advance.
Welsh wine & Spirits
Sourced from Welsh wineries and suppliers to ensure a varied selection. Beer, mead and whisky included, too.
Wales has an impressive selection of artisan cheese available. In addition to Caerphilly, how about Angiddy, Golden Cenarth and caws cerwyn? Something to suit everyone’s taste, along with artisan crackers, salad and paté.
Mrs B is giddy at the thought of an entirely Welsh cuisine weekend. She grew up in Llangollen on homegrown pork, beef, lamb and poultry and wondered why meat didn’t taste as good when she moved to London. The menu would be home-cooked and wholesome inspired by Welsh recipes handed down by her mother and other relatives.