Join us for the first Welsh wine, cheese and chocolate weekend at Barnutopia 22-24 Apr 2022 (3 days/2 nights, Fri-Sun). Fully catered weekend with suppers, breakfasts and wine, cheese and chocolate tasting event on Saturday afternoon. Children welcome and alternative activities provided during the main Welsh wine, cheese and chocolate event. From around £170 to £295 per head all-inclusive depending on unit chosen and occupancy. The weekend would make a great Christmas gift.
Welsh wine, cheese and chocolate weekend
Barnutopia has been running catered weekends and packages since July 2015. Mrs B is from Llangollen, Denbighshire and has thought about a Welsh weekend for a long time. The plan is to serve only Welsh produce and cuisine for the weekend and to have a blow-out Welsh wine, cheese and chocolate tasting on Saturday afternoon. If you are interested or plan to book, please indicate this on our Facebook event.
- Welsh wine, cheese & chocolate weekend
- 22-24 Apr 2022, 3 days/2 nights, Fri-Sun
- Arrive from 4 pm Friday
- Accommodation in luxury yurts & cabins
- Welsh theme event barn decorations
- Supper with drinks, campfire & quiz Fri evening
- Breakfast Sat morning
- Welsh theme table decorating competition
- Welsh wine, cheese & chocolate tasting event Sat lunchtime/afternoon
- Alternative activity for children
- Supper with drinks & campfire Sat evening
- Breakfast Sun morning
- Depart by 12 noon Sunday
Menu and Tasting
We have not finalised the menu, wine, cheese or chocolate list. However, you can expect:
- Welsh-sourced meats and produce
- Leek soup, cawl, Welsh rarebit
- Bara brith, Welsh cakes, ice-cream
- Truffles, chocolates and treats
- Artisan cheeses & chutneys
- Fine wines, beer, mead and spirits
- Dietary requirements can be catered for if we are informed in advance.
Welsh wine & Spirits
We are working with Welsh wineries and suppliers to ensure a varied selection. We will be sure to include some beer, mead and whisky.
Wales has an impressive selection of artisan cheese available. In addition to Caerphilly, how about Angiddy, Golden Cenarth and caws cerwyn? We will make sure there is something to suit everyone’s taste, along with artisan crackers, salad and paté.
Mrs B is giddy at the thought of an entirely Welsh cuisine weekend. She grew up in Llangollen on homegrown pork, beef, lamb and poultry and wondered why meat didn’t taste as good when she moved to London. The menu will be home-cooked and wholesome inspired by Welsh recipes handed down by her mother and other relatives.