With 2015 drawing to a close we can reflect on our first season as yurt glampsite owners. From the moment we glimpsed Tanycoed Farm as we came over the hill on the Shropshire side of the border, we knew this was where we wanted to put our yurts. Spread before us were the stunning rolling green hills of Powys and Shropshire. The view literally took our breath away.
Glamping Shropshire and Powys
How, may you ask, can we claim to offer glamping in Shropshire and Powys? From a post-code perspective, we are in Shropshire. The Wales-England border is a stream that runs through the corner of our property. We literally have one foot in Wales and one in England. So, although Barnutopia and its luxury glamping yurts is technically in Shropshire, our local village (under a mile away) is Llansilin, Powys. Most of our neighbours, the local pub, church and shop are in Llansilin. Plus, Mrs B is Welsh, originally from Llangollen, Denbighshire.
Barnutopia Glamping Shropshire Facts
- Mr. & Mrs B and family moved into Tanycoed Farm in April 2015
- April and May were spent in a frenzy of renovating, repairing and making good the farmhouse and property.
- Luxury yurts Bronwyn, Carianne and Nanny Iris were assembled at the end of May
- First guests were welcomed on June 5.
- Fully booked in August
- Half-term, Halloween & Bonfire Special in October/November
- Thanksgiving Special November
- Christmas and New Year Shrsophire glamping special in December/January
- Over 50 x 5-star reviews on TripAdvisor, Facebook, Pitchup and Airbnb
- Plans to add a few more yurts and, hopefully, convert the long barn into a wedding & event venue